Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into buying a 2006 subaru wrx limited. I am in love with this car and would like some help deciding what the cheapest and most effective route would be to make this car into my dream car. Below is a list of things that have been done to the car by previous owners/specs about car.
  • lowered on springs (sits about 1.5 in. lower than usual)
  • Tinted windows ( front 15%, back 30%)
  • Installed after market up and down pipes
  • Has racing tires
  • TCU delete (done by factory in a recall)
  • secondary air pump delete (also done by factory recall after a small electrical fire, no damaged wires or parts to date)
  • heated leather interior
  • 2.5 boxer turbo
  • automatic transmission
  • carbon fiber grilles
  • the windshield is cracked
  • and the ignition coil has issues.
Now obviously there is a lot to be done to the car, I live in Michigan so i would have to untint the front windows which wouldn't be an issues (i’ve seen around 50$ per). Next i would have to replace the ignition coil, after installation i heard is around $250. Then all weather tires which run about $500 and finally the biggest thing that must change about the car...the fact that it has after market pipes that increase the sound immensely, now i don’t know how many decibels it produces but i am assuming to be legal i would have to either install factory pipes with cats or install a silencer. Which option is cheapest, easiest, and most worth my time. The seller is asking for $5500 for the car but considering all the work that needs to be done i would have like to buy it for around $4000. I would like some experienced drivers to inform me on how much i should expect to pay and which items on the list should be done and in which ways.

Thank You,
Hopefully New WRX Owner

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am looking into buying a 2006 subaru wrx limited. I am in love with this car and would like some help deciding what the cheapest and most effective route would be to make this car into my dream car. Below is a list of things that have been done to the car by previous owners/specs about car.
  • Has racing tires
  • secondary air pump delete (also done by factory recall after a small electrical fire, no damaged wires or parts to date)
  • 2.5 boxer turbo
  • automatic transmission
  • carbon fiber grilles
Now obviously there is a lot to be done to the car, I live in Michigan so i would have to untint the front windows which wouldn't be an issues (i’ve seen around 50$ per). Next i would have to replace the ignition coil, after installation i heard is around $250. Then all weather tires which run about $500 and finally the biggest thing that must change about the car...the fact that it has after market pipes that increase the sound immensely, now i don’t know how many decibels it produces but i am assuming to be legal i would have to either install factory pipes with cats or install a silencer. Which option is cheapest, easiest, and most worth my time. The seller is asking for $5500 for the car but considering all the work that needs to be done i would have like to buy it for around $4000. I would like some experienced drivers to inform me on how much i should expect to pay and which items on the list should be done and in which ways.

Thank You,
Hopefully New WRX Owner

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
  • Has racing tires
  • 2.5 boxer turbo
  • automatic transmission
  • carbon fiber grilles

Thank You,
Hopefully New WRX Owner

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,595 Posts
Walk away.

The car is illegal for road use on any public road anywhere in the United States.

Find a car that is not modified in any way and has a full service history, ideally listing only authentic Subaru parts.

·
Super Moderator
10,960 Posts
The ignition coil has issues screams dead cylinder

·
Æternum
15,551 Posts
... what are "racing tires?"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts