Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my mates little brother just bought a Gc8 rx impreza and is looking to upgrade the exhaust system, any suggestions on brands and/or kits available that are road legal in Australia. Everything I google seems to come up with wrx kits and that won't fit because of the turbo, correct? Any help is much appreciated. His just after a nicer pitch and any kws boost. But here in Australia you can get defected for anything that's too loud. So Ive told him to stick with a 2.5 inch exhaust. Suggestions?

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,759 Posts
You'll probably want to contact a performance exhaust company local to you. Most of us are Americans and may not have a great idea of what's available there.

In general exhaust won't get to much besides sound until you change headers, intake, and maybe cams to take advantage of the change in scavengeing and exhaust velocity. So, whatever you get don't expect a big kick in the pants, it may not even be noticable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
His not looking to heavily mod it, it's only an rx, his more interested in the pitch then anything and after that he will lower it but that's it, he just wants it sounding nice and looking clean.. It's his first car.. So mostly I'm looking for brands that are quality.. I'm thinking apexi or xforce but I can only find wrx kits in those brands that aren't n/a

· Registered
20 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
His not looking to heavily mod it, it's only an rx, his more interested in the pitch then anything and after that he will lower it but that's it, he just wants it sounding nice and looking clean.. It's his first car.. So mostly I'm looking for brands that are quality.. I'm thinking apexi or xforce but I can only find wrx kits in those brands that aren't n/a
xforce offers only one cat back exhaust which is 2.5 inch, its pretty pricey though I guess. I thought about investing in it but I'm still openly searching for other exhausts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.