Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems everyone who does injector upgrades goes to the STI injectors. I am also aware of the PE injectors. Besides these two choices, what else is available?

Are the PE injectors "plug and play" or does something special need to be done to get them to fit?

Thanks,
Carlo

·
1,911 Posts
PE are plug and play. They come with new harness clips. The STi simply plug into your stock locations. These are the ONLY drop in replacements. Those are the only injectors you need. 565 and 800. If you need bigger than that than you're making more power than any other WRX in history.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much do the PE800 injectors sell for?

I at present do not have the need for them because I'm trying to ring as much from the stock fuel/turbo as I can before doing my next set of upgrades. I am however going to be installing a bigger turbo and will need to do the whole fuel system upgrade. Because of additional plans behond the turbo I already know the STI injectors probably won't be enough.

Carlo

God said:
PE are plug and play. They come with new harness clips. The STi simply plug into your stock locations. These are the ONLY drop in replacements. Those are the only injectors you need. 565 and 800. If you need bigger than that than you're making more power than any other WRX in history.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You are going to need a standalone ECU to drive the PE injectors. There are other guys out there that are working with RC Engineering to try and build some new injectors for a bit cheaper than what you have to pay for the STi ones. That's probably a couple months out though. Most WRX owners aren't looking to build 500+hp cars so the STi ones are usually good enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts