ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for advice on my upgrade path.

Right now I just have a catless uppipe. I live in CA and I don't want to mess with with the other cats. I'd also prefer to go with subaru / prodrive stuff.

What I'm thinking right now is:

1. STi / Prodrive axle-back
2. USDM STi / JDM STi TMIC
3. Some sort of ECU upgrade. Was originally thinking accessport as it's so easy, but then it wouldn't be able to take full advantage of 1 & 2.

Maybe further down the line, I'll be able to pick up a cheap STi turbo (VF39?) fuel pump, injectors etc. That's another reason for being hesitant over the accessport.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Lee

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Im not positive, But I think you wont get to far into the mod factor if you have to keep the other two cats, They will bottle neck your mods past Stage 1.

Bite the bullet and do what I had planned before the emmissions testing here went away.

Take em off, and put em back test day*

Shotgun
*Of course I only take mine off at the track.......

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I live in CA as well...although ill be moving to FL for college. I just bought a Prodrive Axelback (oval) from Irvine Subaru for $380.00. I cannot say enough great things about this product. It looks great and sounds great. It is not too loud but its not too soft either. If you're looking for a clean look and middle of the road sound level this is definitely your axelback!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts