ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I dont like the horror Im reading here about WRX trannies :eek:. I have a bugeye (02), got it back in july of last year, used obviously... from some minor dink n dents the car has and the skid plate, the rear diff cover, and the 5-point sparco harness sitting in my car, it leads to me to believe that the car used to be used for off-roading...:confused1 Just thought id put that on the table before i talked about my little issue. At a higher gears (4th n 5th) i hear a "grinding/howling" sound comming from my "tranny.. gearbox area" BUT only when I ease off the gas pedal. This only really happens around 35-55 mph, when gears are enganged and mainly when goin down hill.. . doesnt happen when the car is in neutral. Ive noticed it also only really happens when the car is hott.. My tranny shifts good... doesnt slip or anything... sometimes when I shift into 1st, my gearbox grinds and the car feels like it "falls" into gear... also my shifter vibrates while driving. im not a transmission guru by any means and ive searched n searched but I dont really get the answers im lookin for. Ive heard my syncros could be goin out, center differential, my ring and pinion could be bad or maybe even the wrong type of tranny fluid or improper vehicle maintenance... Im reachin out for help my fellow scoobytuners. thanks

Rigo

1 - 1 of 1 Posts