1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
17 Posts
Personally I don't really care if they did or didn't. At this point I am totally switching to College baseball and coaching the little league team that I have. I understand that the players and owners had their disagreement about who should make money, but I believe that both sides have become way too greedy and have forgotten that this was supposed to be America's past time! We were supposed to be able to enjoy all the players doing their best and doing it for love of the game, but instead we now look at players and say "Well for as much money as they pay him, he should make that play." So I say farewell to the Major Leagues and hello to Collegiate.

·
Registered
699 Posts
screw them greedy bastards...
Football season is here and basketball isn't too far off. I wish they would have striked it least it would probably have led to some reforms.

·
Registered
294 Posts
It's a silly game. Not even a sport. Just think of all the race car drivers that might sell their soul to the devil for a good ride.

F'um.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like I struck a nerve...:p

Well, as a long time baseball fan, I can't give it up. I'm just glad they didn't strike.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yup, never really got into baseball, so wasn't really a big consern of mine. I do hate how it takes up 3/4 of SportCenter every fockin' morning!!!

I think that's another reason I love winter so much... no baseball. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
pfft!

Hockey owns you!
It's the purest pro sport left, relatively uncorrupted by greed.

Baseball is all babies as evidenced by what almost happened.
Basketball is almost the same way with ego's blowin up outta control and teams being carried by single players who really dont care if they lose so long as they score 40 pts a nite to pad their stats and make them look good. college bball is fine though.

football owns too...
but don't dis HOCKEY!

·
2,210 Posts
Baseball's day has come and gone. The players have perpetuated its demise with the constant salary-related bickering.

Besides which, baseball stat tracking is beyond the grasp of most Americans. They would rather stare at a road-going yacht navigate an oval 'racetrack' for 100 laps, with a 'Bud Light' in one hand and a bowl of tortilla chips in the other.

American Football is just about the most entertaining sport ever conceived, so who needs baseball anyway.

-Pace

·
Registered
184 Posts
No dissing on hockey!

Personally, I wish the baseball players had the strike. This way, I would get a refund on the Mets/Braves tickets I have for the end of the season!

And just like I have seen on all the signs... "Who cares, it's football season!"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts