Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,417 Posts
Your more likely to see the wrx and sti disappear in favor of a crossover.

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just what the world needs is a few more "crossovers"- soccer mom's of the world unite!

·
Registered
683 Posts
So that's it?
This article seals the deal?
Is this even a reputable source?

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe the interview is with one of Subaru's head design engineers; he should certainly be in the know

·
Registered
586 Posts
I like the Viziv concept and that shooting brake thingy. I'd give it a look.

·
Super Moderator
11,417 Posts
I believe the interview is with one of Subaru's head design engineers; he should certainly be in the know
That doesn’t mean he isn’t blowing smoke, lying, or misleading purposely. As said a million times Subaru keeps future vehicles close to breast and doesn’t really give a lot out ahead of the official announcement. I can almost bet in the coming years the wrx and sti will go the way of the dodo in favor of cross overs. Basically that market killed the hatch back. They target the same audience and are basically the same thing.

So, my guess is a cross trek or whatever it is will replace the wrx and the sti will stand alone until emissions and economy regulations kill it dead.

·
Super Moderator
11,417 Posts
I like the Viziv concept and that shooting brake thingy. I'd give it a look.
I like Subaru’s concepts. I’m glad they take some of the edginess off of them before release though.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I didn't see the attached video, showing the Subaru engineer saying that.
I was questioning the honesty of the author and publication.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
In a few months they'll float an article teasing that the hatchback will be making a comeback. Clicks, clicks, clicks, ads, ads, ads ... I will wait and see what Subaru does.

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well I guess I'll just hope the engineer is a dirty, no good, lying SOB! :D

·
Registered
683 Posts
The Viziv has a scoop. Why can't it be the WRX Hatch?

·
Registered
212 Posts
"In the near-term future, Ishii plans on taking the brand’s design language forward by listening to what customers want and staying in tune with market trends."

uh huh

·
Super Moderator
11,417 Posts
The customer doesn’t want a hatch. The customer wants suvs.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I think the latest Impreza hatch would've been awesome with wide fenders & sti performance. Every time I see one it makes me sad.

·
Super Moderator
11,417 Posts
I think the latest Impreza hatch would've been awesome with wide fenders & sti performance. Every time I see one it makes me sad.
That’s called the wrx or the sti.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts