ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say that in the very nearly five years now I have owned this bugeye it really has never had a serious problem. I got a few little recalls for bolts and the TSB for the antilock brakes. There was an issue with a loose hose clamp or two, but I haven't replaced a single part that needed it (stage II, brake upgrades...). The transmission is fine, feels about like new with just dino gear oil. It has started every time I turned the key. The freakin' battery is original.

Take care of your car and it will take care of you.

·
Registered
131 Posts
^ Same here!! Mine is around 115k And no problems!!

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
:thumbup:

·
3,726 Posts
+1 Getting close to 175,000 on mine.. first (and only, so far) issue is an tps sensor :confused1 :rotfl:
original clutch, turbo, etc..

EDIT: broke 175,000 this morning. woot!

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, snap - I haven't cracked 50K yet. :rotfl:

Paint looks good too.

·
Hammerdown Mod of Thunder
26,135 Posts
My wagon is holding up good as well.Not a ding on it,just a couple paint chips on the nose.I did replace the battery,and had the dreaded cracked windshield.Tranny feels good even after 60 trips down the dragstrip.Now retired from dragracing,the Legendary Hammerdown wagon will still bite the unsuspecting on the street.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,722 Posts
Now you've done it, John. HEX!!! :rotfl:

But then I know that you're far too scientific to believe in such nonsense. Well, unless you park your car on a giant conveyor belt.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now you've done it, John. HEX!!! :rotfl:

But then I know that you're far too scientific to believe in such nonsense. Well, unless you park your car on a giant conveyor belt.
:rotfl:

I actually did hesitate for a moment before I hit post.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,722 Posts
Well double :rolleyes::rolleyes: to you! No roll backs! I win!

:confused1 I need a coffee.
Just messin' with ya, ya grouch!
I'm ready for some good American coffee. I'm getting tired of this brown sludge I'm getting served over here.

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
Just messin' with ya, ya grouch!
I'm ready for some good American coffee. I'm getting tired of this brown sludge I'm getting served over here.
Actually, I'm feeling quite peaceful today. I thinks it's because I lost my temper first thing in the morning:rotfl::rotfl:

Oh, and the brown sludge coffee is the best when you're tired! It's like rocket fuel!

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually, I'm feeling quite peaceful today. I thinks it's because I lost my temper first thing in the morning:rotfl::rotfl:

Oh, and the brown sludge coffee is the best when you're tired! It's like rocket fuel!
I'm a fan too. You know its going to be good when they preheat the cream, knowing you are going to have to use a ton.

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
i havent owned my car the whole time but ...

2003 wrx wagon 77k miles stock everything, tranny and clutch feel strong.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts