ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just a thought and share with ya all.
Today I try to remove intake silencer in my STi Spec C 2004.
After I removed the air intake duct and remove the air cleaner box, I did not find any silencer there. All I found is the elbow, just like the GP moto, but so smooth as GP Moto (gosh I already order that stuff). Would you kindly to share the picture of the intake silencer there? In case I was wrong to figure the silencer is.

Also I fould my flat panel filter is oily (RED) just like K&N but it had subaru part # 16546AA050 on it. Is this different from you guys there, or someone mess with me ? because I bought this car new.

Please advise if there anyone know about this.
Thanks for any advise and information.

·
Registered
128 Posts
did you buy the car new?

the silencer is definetely not the elbow. it does connect the intake duct and intake box, but has a "dangling" section underneath it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alster said:
A little off topic, but does your car come stock with the VF34 or VF39 turbo?
thanks for reply.
Sorry, but still had a time to knowing my car detail. How can I know the turbo spec? As from literature, I thought the turbo in my car is VF37. Sorry if I was off the topic. Just wanna know more about my car.
How about your stock air cleaner? It has red oil on it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NOTimprezed said:
did you buy the car new?

the silencer is definetely not the elbow. it does connect the intake duct and intake box, but has a "dangling" section underneath it.
What kind of 'dangling' you mean? Thanks for replying
Yes, my car is completely new.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IDAFC21 said:
this is what the silencer looks like. that elbow part on top is what connects the scoop to the air box, and that "dangling" part is everything beneath it....its kinda hard to miss really, it pretty much takes up the whole fenderwell...haha
thanks a lot for your kind attention to put this pic.
I will check again with my car, and will back soon.
thanks

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
It is very likely that you don't have a silencer in your intake. Also you do have a vf-37 turbo. Which is a twin-scroll turbo... Your car is fine! You should be really happy that you get all those goodies!

·
Registered
128 Posts
this thread answers the question, of wether or not the intake silencer removal elbow caused any turbulence, or trouble with drawing in water. If it's ok by factory, then it's perfectly safe with aftermarket. I think i'm gonna buy one now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
silencer removed

blackshadow said:
It is very likely that you don't have a silencer in your intake. Also you do have a vf-37 turbo. Which is a twin-scroll turbo... Your car is fine! You should be really happy that you get all those goodies!
thanks for reply.
Finally I found the silencer, I was wrong before.
I removed it and waiting my GP moto comes.
Yes, the turbo is twin scroll. look likes you have a lot experience bro.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts