ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I got off work today and I was driving home and I noticed that it was very dark infront of me the whole time. When I got home I saw that my headlights were not on, so I thought I prob. just blew a fuse. I got the car in my garage and checked the fuses and they were fine. I dont really know what else to check for? my high beams work fine, but my lows will not turn on. What should I look for now? Also its been raining really bad in my area for a while and Im wondering if water could have anything to-do with it? btw its an 02

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Did you check both the fuse for the high beams and the low beams?

Does your car have separate bulbs for the high and low?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I saw it they share the same fuse and relays

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Your gonna need a multimeter or a voltage tester.Could be your switch or a relay like mentioned earlier, but your gonna have to be able to test for power to track it down faster. www.ken-gilbert.com should have the WRX factory manuals posted online.You can find the light wiring diagrams.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, today I tryed to change the blubs to see if that might of been why but it didnt do anything. The problem is these arnt the original headlights, there the JDM version. Ive ran out of ideas now and I think Its time to take it in.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Did you try testing the wires for power?They definalty are not using the same relay.One for lowbeams and one for high beams.I had a similar problem with my Morrettes and it was a sticking relay for my highbeams.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took my car over to a buddy of mine and he put it on a volt meter test and couldnt figure it out. So we changed the bulbs and it came on! I was like wtf? Ive already tried that and it didnt work last time. checks out because I touched the bulb part of the last set I put in it caused them to burn out fast. So the new set we put'em in right and so far no problems. go figure :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Ya,you can't handle halogen bulbs like incandecents because the oils from your skin on the glass will cause hotspots and burn out the filament.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts