ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago I washed my 2013 wrx and after I was finished I went on a little drive I noticed right away that I don’t have any boost which is weird because it’s idling fine and driving smooth so I let it sit overnight in the garage.the next day With no engine light I decided to check to make sure all vac lines, turbo inlet, intercooler to throttle body hose, every thing looked sealed even with soap and water mixture so I ruled out a boost leak. I don’t think the turbo is junk, I think it may be a clogged cat or a bad wastegate, possibly boost solinoid. anyone have an idea what this could be?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,568 Posts
Zero boost can result from a missing C-clip that would hold the actuator arm onto the wastegate.

In all the years here I've seen one person post about a clogged catcon. I was shocked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the “newer” models 08-14 the actuator arm does not have that c ring washer it’s a fitted bolt with a nut

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First cat in down pipe shot out and clogged up the second one, banged the rest of both out and I have boost back, make that 2 posts you’ve seen now with this problem

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,568 Posts
Wow! That's amazing. How in the world?! Was there any external physical damage you could see?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts