Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2010, wrx, hatchback
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what’s up everyone. Yesterday I was driving my 2010 wrx hatchback. I never really drive my car hard at all. I was at around 3.5k rpm, dipping into boost trying to get around a car and then my boost went all the way down..I heard a woosh and then a couple pops. When I pulled over after and looked under the hood I didn’t see any immediate problems but when I accelerate past 3k rpm and try to dip into boost, my accessport doesn’t read that I’m picking up any boost(it’s always in the negative). As well as when I accelerate it to the point where I’d be in boost the air sounds like it’s seeping out, as well as when I let off the gas it makes pops where as before it did that rarely. If anyone has any advice or tips to fixing this or diagnosing the problem it would be very helpful, if u need me to list anything else just tell me..thanks!!

my mods are :
- accesports with light tune
-aem intake
-gfb hybrid bov
-process west intercooler

·
Registered
bug eye or bust
17 Posts
I blew the inlet off my turbo one time and it sounded just like what you're dealing with. It was initially kind of hard to see because it came off around the bottom. It sounds like you blew some kind of hose/tubing off though and have a major boost leak so I would start at your intake and just keep going until you find the problem.

·
Registered
2010, wrx, hatchback
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check the the intercooler to throttle body hose.
I checked that and it seems alright, do you think it could be my cat or any other hoses that might not be seems very easy. I put my stock bpv on as well as cleaned the maf and tightened all the hoses that are visible

·
Registered
2010, wrx, hatchback
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I blew the inlet off my turbo one time and it sounded just like what you're dealing with. It was initially kind of hard to see because it came off around the bottom. It sounds like you blew some kind of hose/tubing off though and have a major boost leak so I would start at your intake and just keep going until you find the problem.
Oh dang that might be it, it looks a little sketchy from what I can see but it’s under so much stuff. Im bringing it into a shop, what hoses do u think it could be other than the turbo inlet? Also do u think it could be the catalytic converter or nah?

·
Super Moderator
11,560 Posts
I'd suspect something on the pressure side. Check the recirculating valve and possibly the turbo inlet. But it sounds like you blew a pressure pipe.

·
Registered
2010, wrx, hatchback
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd suspect something on the pressure side. Check the recirculating valve and possibly the turbo inlet. But it sounds like you blew a pressure pipe.
Alright thank you so much! I’ll tell you how it goes

·
Registered
2010 Subaru WRX Limited Hatchback 5MT
207 Posts
I checked that and it seems alright, do you think it could be my cat or any other hoses that might not be seems very easy. I put my stock bpv on as well as cleaned the maf and tightened all the hoses that are visible
It may seem alright but you won’t know until you take the intercooler off. That’s what I had to do. I know it’s a pain but best to do it and rule it out.

Better yet, change that factory hose. Those rubber ‘gaskets’ that slip over the ends are the issue. I’ve read some people simply take those off and clamp the hose back down.

This is what mine looked like on the throttle body side:

Dishware Serveware Helmet Pottery Artifact

Automotive tire Adhesive Rim Automotive wheel system Household hardware

·
Registered
2010, wrx, hatchback
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It may seem alright but you won’t know until you take the intercooler off. That’s what I had to do. I know it’s a pain but best to do it and rule it out.

Better yet, change that factory hose. Those rubber ‘gaskets’ that slip over the ends are the issue. I’ve read some people simply take those off and clamp the hose back down.

View attachment 329703

View attachment 329704
Yes sir that’s exactly what it was, a hose clamp slipped off and we put a new one on right and it fixed it :) yayyyy

·
Registered
2010, wrx, hatchback
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

View attachment 329703

View attachment 329704
Yes sir that’s exactly what it was, a hose clamp slipped off and we put a new one on right and it fixed it :) yayyyy

·
Registered
2010, wrx, hatchback
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

View attachment 329703

View attachment 329704

·
Registered
2010, wrx, hatchback
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

View attachment 329703

View attachment 329704
Yes sir that’s exactly what it was, a hose clamp slipped off and we put a new one on right and it fixed it :) yayyyy thank u so much

1 - 15 of 15 Posts