ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stage 1 Cobb 93 octane with the Cobb intake tune, I took the tune off for inspection and when I went to throw it back on and drive around I noticed I’m not getting any boost in 1st gear at all, the gauge reads -2 at most even over 3k RPM, am I just being paranoid or is there something up with the car, there doesn’t seem to be a loss in pressure in the higher gears and it will max at 19PSI which is where the tune says it would max at, Am I just being paranoid or is there something wrong with the car, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Premium Member
10,189 Posts
You need load to make boost. Since there is very little load in first gear there is typically less to no boost pressure.

If you were getting different readings before there may be some sort of learning happening. However I wouldn't expect much if any positive pressure in first gear anyway.

This also works the other way. In higher gears you have more load and will make more boost. So if you flat foot it in 6th at low speed you can create more pressure than the wastegate can bleed off causing overboost.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts