ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i've got a perrin DP and 3in exaust and i'm not having boost creep to you guys think the person befor me ported the wastegate>? and onother question it's hot as balls down here and my computer is pulling boost and timing like a ***** what do you guys think of the NX N-tercooler?

thanks
derek

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I don't know too many exhaust setups that cause boost creep during the summer.
It usually takes some high speed runs 100mph+ under full acceleration in 5th and 6th gear with cooler temps to really know if you will experience boost creep.

My older setup had no boost creep in mild to warm weather. But as soon as the temps dropped I got really bad boost creep at
110mph in 5th gear. I would go from 15psi to 17.5 psi and boost cut in a matter of seconds.s

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it was about 60 the other night and i was doing about 130 wide open in 6th just to see and i had no boost creep just held nice at 1 bar, i think it might be ported, if not i'll port it at work,

derek

·
Registered
472 Posts
DKEN said:
Well i've got a perrin DP and 3in exaust and i'm not having boost creep to you guys think the person befor me ported the wastegate>? and onother question it's hot as balls down here and my computer is pulling boost and timing like a ***** what do you guys think of the NX N-tercooler?

thanks
derek

where did you buy your STi? The one I sold had a Perrin DP on it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts