ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from a two day visit to my Mom's in Gettysburg. On the way there, in southern NJ (West Deptford area) on I-295, I saw a pretty, white WRX merging from an on-ramp ahead. I rev'd a hello as I went by, and saw he had a nice CF hood, and a FMIC. He was on the phone, and didn't seem to notice me (although its hard not to hear my car:p).

Sure enough, within 20 seconds, I see a white streak coming up quickly in my rearview mirror. I hung up my phone, downshifted to 4th, and let him pull even. We gave thumbs up and looked at each other's rides, and since it was open in front of us, we went for it. I downshifted to 3rd, and walked away pretty handily up to 125 mph, which makes me think he had no more than a VF30 at best. We did a couple more roll-ons, one of which I let him jump a carlength, just to see how quickly I'd reel him in. By 130 mph I had built up several carlengths, although I was more busy paying attention to upcoming traffic :p

Anyway, it was a fun little race...my 18g has some half decent top end. That would be awesome if you're on the forums. Nice race. I was curious what turbo you had, and what crazy BOV you're running? That thing sounded like a bird chirping or something, lol.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Nice race. It's always fun to run against a fellow subaru owner. The more I hear about the 18g, the more I feel the need to get it. I just don't think it's in my budget though... so hopefully I'll be happy w/ a vf34 or vf22.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Nice kill...the 18g shines in 4th gear... it does have a nice top end to it...

Nice numbers too...was that on pump ?

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
13secwrx said:
Nice kill...the 18g shines in 4th gear... it does have a nice top end to it...

Nice numbers too...was that on pump ?
What, I'm stock!;) Don't most WRX's lay down 326 whp stock? lol...

326 whp was on a VERY conservative water injection tune.

I was on the 290 whp non-WI map when I ran this guy. Of course, I'm now on close ratio RA gears, too, so 4th gear is even more exciting and usable now....the stock gears didn't enjoy 290 whp for very long...12 days after the dyno tune, they gave up...and that was after living most of their lives happily at 255 whp w/vf30, lol...

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
The funky BOV was probably the HKS SSQ bov. That's the only one I can think of that has a bird chirping sound to it.

Nice run :)

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
13secwrx said:
How did they give up ? Your gears that is

Was it during a shift ? or did you miss shift ?
Racing an STi on Christmas night. Shifted into second, and floored it. Half second later, BAAM! So I was just starting to pull through 2nd when it let go.

It sounded like a box of bolts being shaken around, and the car instantly had a "bumpy feel." Pulled right over, and set up appointment w/Rallispec for RA gearset:(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts