Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Whoa! I'm not an expert with NOS so I personally wouldn't mess with it :eek: If anyone gets their hand on this thing please let us know how it performs!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I may be going nitrous on my WRX but I'm doing an 80hp direct port fogger setup (one 20hp nozzle per intake runner). The wet kits that use a single nozzle at the throttle body are not really a good idea. The stock intake manifold is made to flow air and not liquid (here:atomized fuel) so you will wind up with fuel puddling in the manifold and may run a cylinder lean. You can look on my website to see what happens to an acura with exactly the same situation. http://www.13brew.homestead.com/

·
Registered
8 Posts
I heard that using NOS (in small doses) with a turbo can be really complimentary. The Nitrous cools down and compresses the air as it goes into the turbo. It also helps keep the turbos temperature down.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Originally posted by WRXme:
I heard that using NOS (in small doses) with a turbo can be really complimentary. The Nitrous cools down and compresses the air as it goes into the turbo. It also helps keep the turbos temperature down.
Very true.. it also "speeds up" combustion which inturn spools the turbo that much faster in addition to the intercooling effects of the nitrogen. Apparently the WRX doesn't need much help in the spool department from what I hear, but a 50shot would be fun up top.

G

·
Originally posted by phast:
Very true.. it also "speeds up" combustion which inturn spools the turbo that much faster in addition to the intercooling effects of the nitrogen. Apparently the WRX doesn't need much help in the spool department from what I hear, but a 50shot would be fun up top.
The nitrous system cools the intake charge temperature of the air, acting as an extra intercooler, the nitrous can be used as a launching agent, helping to give that extra kick at a launch, however if it is used on the top end instead of for acceleration, you can drastically make a mess of your engine, in order to do this you would need some type of ignition timing controller such as the Apex ITC or a fuel tuning system, if your going to use a nitrous system for high end acceleration, It would be recommended that engine work would be done.
Why?
Because at the higher end of your acceleration you are at full boost, and the nitrous kicking in will be like adding two times that boost.. therefore if a large enough shot of nitrous was injected, would make swiss cheese of your engine.
As all all wheel drive cars, the car can never get enough bottom end acceleration, decreasing bog on a launch is the key to all good runs and a healthy chance of preventing spewing both engine internals and transmission gears all over the ground.
I hope I didn't make that too complicated..
But in simple words, use nitrous for launching, not while full boost and full throttle is taking place.
Chris

G

·
what's up chris.....i got the nos for launching only due to the fact that my itc is not in as of yet.....soon though
100 hp outta the hole

G

·
Sweet Harry,
HKS Fcon is gonna be dropped into the stealth, with some bad ass twin turbo's :D .
I was just gonna put a 100 shot into the stealth.. but I am gonna rebuild the engine from Pitroad M origanal parts, outa there machine shop... can we say 1000 cc injectors? :D I got some price quotes on sht.. shouldn't cost me but 25,000 or so to drop 1000 horses to the wheels and redo the entire body, only thing that kinda sucks is gonna cost me 6-10 grand just to paint the thing, or should I not paint it and leave the carbon fiber/kevlar body exposed to scare off the 2 second rice? (takes 2 seconds to roast em).. you will definatly be seeing the plans for everything.. just because of your interest in the 3/S. 200 shot of nitrous gonna be running on her badass with the Fcon V series.
As for your wrx, I should be importing a Adjustable wing from austraila for a friend of mine down in texas, looks kinda like the RS wing, but is adjustable in disquise (you know I can't spell)
Tell me how you like the Apex-I Itc bro, I'll let you know about the F-con bundled with the HKS GCC and VPC, the Nimso fuel pump and 1000cc injectors on the pitroad fuel rail. I have a few turbo's you need to take a look at for me.. lemme just say together they make toast out of anything with a T-88, even with those lil supra boys having a 100 shot of nitrous or more :D .
But then again the -10 second car is the idea.. but the real idea is top speed. ;)
Hmm Wrx boys gonna learn a lot from the 3/S style of things Harry?
Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts