ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try nitrous cuz I think a 50 shot up top would help our cars greatly. Also, which is better-wet or dry setup in terms of removing it for warranty issues. I dont think that either would be hard to remove because the wet goes onto the injectors and the dry goes onto the intake. From what the other guy posted on i-club, it helps alot.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Rex N Effect said:
Anyone try nitrous cuz I think a 50 shot up top would help our cars greatly. Also, which is better-wet or dry setup in terms of removing it for warranty issues. I dont think that either would be hard to remove because the wet goes onto the injectors and the dry goes onto the intake. From what the other guy posted on i-club, it helps alot.

If your talking about the 12.49 pass that was made at I-club with a 50 shot he is using a wet kit.

Wet kits do not go on to the injectors. The difference between a wet kit and dry kit are very simple..

Wet kits supply extra fuel to the motor via a second soleniod designed specificaly to pass fuel while adding N20.. A dry kit does not add extra fuel and relies on you ECU to see the added O2 and supply more fuel (Unless you have a carb, in that case you would have to richen it up before running). You need a good fuel system to do it dry. If you are running a boost controller I would be a little concerned running a dry shot. If you get any fuel cut you would be asking for major problems. Run a fuel pressure safety switch..

The set up I have in my SS is as follows..

NOS Version dry system
Fuel pressure saftey switch (designed to cut the N20 if fuel pressure drops below 50psi in the fuel rail)
Window switch/shift light built in to it (Window switch turns on N20 from 3k-5800 rpms)
Normaly closed switch set up to hit the shifter when I'm in first. This disengages my N20 when in first so I don't blow the tires off the car..

Hope that helps..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts