Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF...

my cuz has a honda civic hatch, with a b18 engine swap with 70shot of nitro.

he went up against at ws6(newer version) with nitro.

....the honda was killing the ws6!, but as soon has the ws6
hit the Nitro, he slowly walked away.

Damn that is a fast car!

I've been told that our WRX will need TXS stage 4 to overcome the Ws6. How about a nitro ws6! that's some power for sure.
 

·
The Legendary Bad Ass (aka; Buzzz)
Joined
·
4,895 Posts
Quick tech lesson
Nitro -vs- Nitrous
Nitrous Oxide- formula N2O, is nothing more or less than a more pure oxygen source for the engine. As the atmosphere of earth is only 21% oxygen, and oxygen is the only substance in our air that actually sustains fire (Combustion for our vehicles.) Makers of this Nitrous Oxide additives come in names like NOS, Nitrous works, 10,000 rpm, ZEX and others- bottle the stuff, and build components to inject into internal combustion engines. These systems tune more fuel in with this richer source of oxygen to create more power from the vehicle.

Nitro, or Nitromethane- formula CH3NO2, is a fuel. It is mixed in relation to methanol to the adjusted and desired amount of nitromethane and used as a primary fuel for internal combustion engines, as well as rocket engines. This is the fuel used for Top Fuel funny cars and dragsters. Top fuel is limited to a 90% nitromethane percentage. This fuel is unique as it's burn rate requires very little oxygen to burn. This is how the Top Fuel cars can burn 15 gallons in one burnout and a four and a half second 1/4 mile run. Where a perfect burn rate of fuel molecules of gasoline to oxygen molecules is in the range of 1 to 13, Nitro is in the range of 1 to 1.7. Needing this little amount of oxygen, as it carries it's oxygen onboard in its own molecular structure, is how this can be loaded up to create 7985 horsepower from a 500 cubic inch engine.
There is a difference
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,094 Posts
Wannabe said:
Quick tech lesson
Nitro -vs- Nitrous
Nitrous Oxide- formula N2O, is nothing more or less than a more pure oxygen source for the engine. As the atmosphere of earth is only 21% oxygen, and oxygen is the only substance in our air that actually sustains fire (Combustion for our vehicles.) Makers of this Nitrous Oxide additives come in names like NOS, Nitrous works, 10,000 rpm, ZEX and others- bottle the stuff, and build components to inject into internal combustion engines. These systems tune more fuel in with this richer source of oxygen to create more power from the vehicle.

Nitro, or Nitromethane- formula CH3NO2, is a fuel. It is mixed in relation to methanol to the adjusted and desired amount of nitromethane and used as a primary fuel for internal combustion engines, as well as rocket engines. This is the fuel used for Top Fuel funny cars and dragsters. Top fuel is limited to a 90% nitromethane percentage. This fuel is unique as it's burn rate requires very little oxygen to burn. This is how the Top Fuel cars can burn 15 gallons in one burnout and a four and a half second 1/4 mile run. Where a perfect burn rate of fuel molecules of gasoline to oxygen molecules is in the range of 1 to 13, Nitro is in the range of 1 to 1.7. Needing this little amount of oxygen, as it carries it's oxygen onboard in its own molecular structure, is how this can be loaded up to create 7985 horsepower from a 500 cubic inch engine.
There is a difference
Thank you...It is refreshing to hear someone who actually knows what nitrous is, and doesn't call it nitro or naws.
 

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
Joined
·
38,620 Posts
Thanks for the education about nitromethane. I always just assumed it was "more volatile", without knowing the physics of it. "Oxygen on board", indeed!:)
 

·
The Legendary Bad Ass (aka; Buzzz)
Joined
·
4,895 Posts
It is not more volital. It is much less. You can put a match out in nitro. It does not light until under great pressure. But it is the lack of needed oxygen that makes so much power. If you could run 15 gallons of gas in one of these motors, it would make even more power. (There is more explosion per mollecule.) But the probelm is we cannot fit that much oxygen in a motor to get the 13:1 oxy to gas ratio for optimal burn. That is the beauty of nitro. And as a tidbit of info- Methanol, my fuel of choice, requires between 7 and 8 molecules of air per molecule of fuel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
643 Posts
Meng Hang
Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Madison Heights, MI
Network System Administrator, IT Specialist
Microsoft Certified Professional, BS in Computer Science
(248) 691-2680


Whats up with that? :confused:
 

·
The Legendary Bad Ass (aka; Buzzz)
Joined
·
4,895 Posts
Those are his mods. The education mods that are going to make him rich, so he can get all the car mods in the world. (Ususally a decent investment.)

Buzzz Miller
Bachelor of Science- Business administration from ASC
Co-Owner- Wannabe Racing Enterprises
Chief engine builder- Wannabe Racing Engines
Associate fabricatior- Wannabe Racing Enterprises
more info available at buzzzmiller.com
(is that good enough for me?)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
643 Posts
Wannabe said:
Those are his mods. The education mods that are going to make him rich, so he can get all the car mods in the world. (Ususally a decent investment.)

Buzzz Miller
Bachelor of Science- Business administration from ASC
Chief engine builder- Wannabe Racing Engines
Associate fabricatior- Wannabe Racing Enterprises
more info available at buzzzmiller.com
(is that good enough for me?)
Okay... well I'll go ahead and post my eduction mods so someday I can be rich and get all the car mods in the world ;)

AsianGuy
Child Health Corporation of America (Only Headquarter) Shawnee Mission, KS
Helpdesk Administrator
CCNA, A+, Network + Certified
BS in IT
 

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
Joined
·
38,620 Posts
Continuing the trend:

RayfieldsWRX
(Ray)
Roberts PolyPro, Inc., Charlotte, NC
Controls Engineering Manager
B.S. Mechanical Engineering
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
MengHang said:
WTF...

my cuz has a honda civic hatch, with a b18 engine swap with 70shot of nitro.

he went up against at ws6(newer version) with nitro.

....the honda was killing the ws6!, but as soon has the ws6
hit the Nitro, he slowly walked away.

Damn that is a fast car!

I've been told that our WRX will need TXS stage 4 to overcome the Ws6. How about a nitro ws6! that's some power for sure.

UM, NO. unless that civic runs 11's with NITROUS OXIDE, hes not gonna be even close to an ls1 spraying.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,525 Posts
Yeah WS6's are pretty insane, even stock you would think it would've walked it. And you would think the WS6 would have some more mods other than nitrous if he just had that.


BS?
even though he lost though. lol
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top