ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just visiting the website and came across this beast. Be careful when calling one out. Might be bs because of no slips but I still wouldn't race one.

from the site:
- PTI (Powertech Imports) TURBO KIT, Reverse Indiglo Gauges, BS, UR Pulley, Stromung Catback, TWM SS, ES MM, NisMo Shocks/Springs-RSB-FSB-Bushings, JWT Clutch/Flywheel, Autovation Pedals, Vytor31337's Grounding Wires.

1/4 Mile Time: 13.307 @ 103.29

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Neat little cars, esp for the price. I'd definitely take a look at one if I didn't have the WRX and wasn't going rwd... I like the print ad they have for it, the orange one...

-snowcat

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
snowcat said:
Neat little cars, esp for the price. I'd definitely take a look at one if I didn't have the WRX and wasn't going rwd... I like the print ad they have for it, the orange one...

-snowcat
Sad thing is I own one. It was cheap all right, so I added every option possible and it still came out a decent price. Got the 03 model last year and lucky i did.... the 04 looks like a neon. Its my other half's car but i did some hard driving with it. Torque comes on really low in the rev range and at 1500 rpms..... you stomp it and it jerks you back in the seat. if you let go the gas in first while cruising at 2000 rpms and stomp it again.... it can light the tires for a short time until the limited slip kicks in. easy car to drive but its a pos!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I test drove one and it had mad torque steer if you got on it in 1st. I imagine that 1/4 time was w/ some kind of drag radials or slicks, also. With that power on tap, I would imagine major traction issues.

(if you haven't noticed, I like to "imagine":rolleyes: hehe)

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
wrxinfx said:
Sad thing is I own one. It was cheap all right, so I added every option possible and it still came out a decent price. Got the 03 model last year and lucky i did.... the 04 looks like a neon. Its my other half's car but i did some hard driving with it. Torque comes on really low in the rev range and at 1500 rpms..... you stomp it and it jerks you back in the seat. if you let go the gas in first while cruising at 2000 rpms and stomp it again.... it can light the tires for a short time until the limited slip kicks in. easy car to drive but its a pos!
Just out of curiousity, some reviewers keep on complaining about the shift feel on the Spec V, saying that it ruins the car. Is it that bad?

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
sweet that's it's turbo'd but not impressed @ 13.7, now adays a lot of cars can beat that. A mild wrx can beat it, a mild GT can beat it, a stock LS1 can beat it, a stock supra can beat it, a stock srt-4 would be a dead on race prob the edge ot the nissan, a stock evo and STi can beat it etc... the bad thing bout slapping a turbo on an N/A motor is that well you have to run low boost, if u want to run higher boost then u have to rebuild the top and bottom end with forged parts. THAT'S WHERE THE POWER IS!

I wonder how the traction is with FWD, i know SRT-4 guys have a tough time to hook up from a stop with some decent power/stop.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
VitaminWRX said:
Just out of curiousity, some reviewers keep on complaining about the shift feel on the Spec V, saying that it ruins the car. Is it that bad?
The box feels like a 96-98 accords. No lie. Nasty little thing. Sux. The good thing about it is that it goes in smoothly but it doesn't notch in. Going into sixth sometimes ends up with a nasty grind as there is no lockout for reverse. I've done it a few times as the last gear doesn't go straight down but a little further down to the right which is a centimeter away from reverse. Once you get the hang of it everything goes properly but for the first few months prepare for the worst sound of your life from your tranny.:(

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
They're OK cars. I really considered buying one before the Rex (couldn't afford the Rex, still wanted it more, though). I like the handling a lot for a FWD, but the tranny is kind of funky. Power is good, but nothing like a WRX obviously. They feel sort of crude in a way and I'd almost rather have a 2.5RS for ~20k.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts