ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any former/current GTR owners on here? I posted this same type of question on a forum on their side, but curious about maintenance etc. There is one here in town for sale I am looking at. I test drove the other day, its as impressive as they say.

If anyone has any information regarding ownership that would be great. I am going up to the Nissan Dealership today to talk further about some questions I have. Thanks in advance guys :)

·
Æternum
20,865 Posts
Bo (T0rque) used to have a GT-R. You might want to PM him.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol. Should I PM you? Or can you post here? I'm headed to the dealership in about an hour. It's a 2010, 7k miles!

Not to buy it today but look at it and possibly drive it. Its on the show room floor so it would require some work for them to get it out.

I should call ahead and drive it.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Lol. Should I PM you? Or can you post here? I'm headed to the dealership in about an hour. It's a 2010, 7k miles!

Not to buy it today but look at it and possibly drive it. Its on the show room floor so it would require some work for them to get it out.

I should call ahead and drive it.
They'd be wise to get that thing out the door... once you drive it I think you'll really like it. Great car that's got some serious power, but is extremely drivable day-to-day. Not an owner, but I've spent a good amount of time behind the wheel.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I drove it. It drives smaller than it looks. That's a fun car. Really fun. I am a little weary of buying right before the snow season. Buuuuuut it is Christmas :)

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
It is AWD ;)

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
I dunno.I would rather get a used 911 for the same price.

The GT-R is a great car but the 911 holds resale value.
That's a very good point. Myself on the other hand... I have 40k into my WRX (cost + cost of mods) and resale is around 17k. I've got lost nearly 75% of my investment in my car. Do I care? No. Every time I get in my car I smile.

Every time I'd get in a Nissan GTR I'd grin from ear to ear. The 911? Only if it were a Turbo. And even then... The GTR is a better performer.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I dunno.I would rather get a used 911 for the same price.Assuming its about.$50,000.

The GT-R is a great car but the 911 holds resale value.
If I ever bought a Porsche it would certainly have to be the 911 turbo. I've kicked around the idea of the M5 but we just picked up an RS4 and I'm all luxury sedan'd out.

The GTR is just pure sex. I'm growing closer in love to the idea of owning it.

The GTR is a bit more than 50K used. It's has roughly more than 15k miles on it. I'm going back up on Friday to talk more and drive it again. And definitely pictures a plenty!!

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
should be a lot more than 50k used..beings mine sold for well... 20k north of that..

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep. I believe the sticker is roughly 68-74 I didnt totally look

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I might know a little about this. I've considered the GTR more than a few times but I'd rather have my 911.

The 996 Turbo is one of the highest production 911 models ever made and you can get one for not much over 40k for a decent version.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts