ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I confess I love the 240RS. It was rugged, it made terrific grunting noises, it was easy to maintain... and it was usually faster than the Ladas and Skodas -- but not always. In fact they were so much fun to watch because other cars would simply fly by at a terrifying speed and vanish, but the 240RS would stick around for a bit before going on its way...

If you had £20,000 you too could drive a car with twin Solex carbs, a solid rear end, and worm screw steering against the Peugeot 205T16, Lancia Delta S4, and Audi Sport Quattro. If those guys all crashed -- and I mean, all of them -- then you could come in third behind Toyota provided the rallye was held in Africa. In Europe there might be a Skoda or Lada to contend with, or locals with old Ford RSs.

The specifications sound outright ludicrous so I'm linking to another site where they have the actual FISA homologation sheet:

Great car, very different to anything else.

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
At least it sounds fast. I heard one person in the video yell something like one is coming.

I think he died of old age before it arrived.

·
Æternum
20,380 Posts
If you had £20,000 you too could drive a car with twin Solex carbs, a solid rear end, and worm screw steering against the Peugeot 205T16, Lancia Delta S4, and Audi Sport Quattro. If those guys all crashed -- and I mean, all of them -- then you could come in third behind Toyota
:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

And crash they did -- frequently!

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts

And crash they did -- frequently!
That doesn't always mean it stopped them. Colin McRae rolled coming off a jump in xgames and was already flat out when the wheels hit the ground. Those group b guys would do the same if at all possible.

We were just talking about this at work. One of our resident Germans caught wind of a local rally cross thing and wants to go to one of the events. I wasn't even aware there was anything around here but looks like I was wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts