ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a wrx from a guy i know, hopefully this week. He is giving it to me with full exhaust, an uppipe, and a downpipe. I was wondering what i should get next. I am looking at the ecutek reflash and on the site it claims 40 whp, i was wondering if that was true, what exactly it does, and is it worth it? i also plan on gettinng a boost and egt gauge, and a hks blow off valve with a recirculation hose. Any thoughts or opinions on this would be much apreciated. i am new to wrx's so there is a lot i need to learn i and would like to hear what you guys think.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
40 whp seems a tad high, but ecu work does give a healty boost in power...basically its going to play with all the ecu functions such as air/fuel ratio, timing, boost to give your car some more power. Also systems like utec have awesome knock detectors which can help prevent damage from occuring to your engine. Also utec has different maps like valet mode so that you can turn the boost up/down and the flip of a switch, not sure if ecutek has it (the reflash doesn't) but you get the basic idea of ecu tuning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts