ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok to make a long story short i totaled my first bugeye .....found another one same yr, same color...yay for me... any way this car already came with big turbo xs top mount with bov also turbo xs....ca,e with 650cc dw injectors...up pipe..headers...16g no name turbo which im a lil peeved about and not to mention the shaft play...anyways also came with delta tuning piggyback system and a tubro xs turbo back exhaust...plus a few other suspention mods and a kartboy short throw with knob....ok so anyways my problem is that i have gotten tuned and what not with open source and with all those mods plus swap overs from my totaled one i put down 272.4 whp and 238 tq ...the current list of mods is as followed

16 g no name turbo
grimmspeed 3 port bcs
turbo xs headers
turbo xs catless up pipe
custome catless turbo back vibrant exhaust
650 cc dw injectors
obx turbo inlet. which is bs im pretty sure
big turbo xs top mount
turbo xs bov...yes its atmospheric and will be changing to rec.
tgv deletes...self done and look amazing if anyones interested in that service hit me up
255lph fuel pump

ok so my issue is where the eff do i spend my money its def a toss up between a blouch 18g xt turbo or ewg or should i just wait and do the hybrid swap which will then make me want to redo the heads and all that good stuff....so some suggestions would be much appreciated

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,451 Posts
Well, if you have shaft play, you're looking at rebuilding or replacing the turbo anyway, so start there. With the 2L the bigger turbos can't be all that fun to live with. So, since you don't need an EWG but you will need a turbo, look at a quality 18G I suppose.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i think blouch would be getting my money ...herd alot of good things and i guess that the 18g will still be ok when i do the swap down the road

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but the turbo does spool and make good boost just makes me think how long it will last
and honestly my goal is to actually gain in the tq area which kinda has my stumped right now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts