ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D

Got done installing my VF-22, STi injectors, and walbro today. WOW! really amazing difference. I really don't mind the lag, adn i'm sure i'll mind even less once i tune the map a bit.

The install was a B*TCH! the green brackets of death, really were just that! I didn't have many tools available and that's where i went wrong. For this job you have to have a number of extensions and special wrenches and sockets available. Oh well i got it done, and all the pain and cuts a deffinitly worth it!

I can't wait to go drive tomorrow!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Nice, another vf22 powered wrx. I also didnt mind the extra lag. Everyone made such a big deal about the lag that i was so worried that i wasnt gonna like it. Enjoy the new found power!!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm running the base map with increased boost and less fuel. It pulls ok for now. I'll see if i can rent a dyno with a wideband for a couple of hours eventually, but there are no tuners for UTEC here so i really don't have much choice... Or i have to switch over the ECUTEC.. anyway gonna see what i can do with the UTEC for now.

The lag really is a non issue, and i'm actually kind of dissapointed i didn't go bigger. But for now it's still nice to have the extra power up top. I haven't had someone try me yet.. other than a guy in a audi A4 1.9 TDi estate, and well he got spanked back to elementary school... :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts