ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the odds of finding a newer wrx....such as an 06-07 with a blown engine for sale? Anyone heard of someone blowing a motor in a newer one? I've seen plenty of 02-03's with blown engines. I bought my last wrx with a rod knock and had a brand new short block put in and I regret selling it. I saw a 04 wrx on ebay about a week ago without an engine that sold for 4k but I couldn't do anything cause im in the process of selling my truck now.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,446 Posts
Whats the odds of finding a newer wrx....such as an 06-07 with a blown engine for sale?
It's not that the motors don't fail, it's that for the newer cars it still makes financial $en$e to repair the failure even if it means a new shortblock, so these cars tend to be repaired and kept (until the next failure?) more.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
I was going to swap my extra engine into a sound chassis with a blown engine, but people want so much for used cars with blown engines.. I decided I would be better off just selling the engine and buying a different car for a DD since my 02 WRX has pretty much become a toy at this point.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts