ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dodge had to buy back my 2021 Challenger Red Eye Hellcat after spun bearing at 538 miles. Always wanted a WRX STI and thought this was as good a time as ever. 75 years old on Tuesday and enjoying going through the gears! Lots of great info on this site and looking forward to being a member.

·
10,686 Posts
Interesting choice compared to a Hellcat. What made you opt for an econobox and not keep the hellcat?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dodge immediately offered new engine, but after 4 months without a replacement, decided to ask for buy back. Prior to Hellcat had a GT350 and decided I would prefer another manual gearbox. Have always wanted a WRX and still enjoy motoring the back country roads. Not a lot of choices anymore for a manual and not a lot of cars available lately. My local dealer just got this STI in last week and like I said always liked them and decided to get it. So far really enjoying it and unlike the high horsepower cars can actually go through the gears and not end up in jail. Will probably keep it mostly stock and just have some fun.

·
10,686 Posts
Dodge immediately offered new engine, but after 4 months without a replacement, decided to ask for buy back. Prior to Hellcat had a GT350 and decided I would prefer another manual gearbox. Have always wanted a WRX and still enjoy motoring the back country roads. Not a lot of choices anymore for a manual and not a lot of cars available lately. My local dealer just got this STI in last week and like I said always liked them and decided to get it. So far really enjoying it and unlike the high horsepower cars can actually go through the gears and not end up in jail. Will probably keep it mostly stock and just have some fun.
Hopefully it scratches that itch for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts