ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, been lurking for a while before I registered. I own a RX8...looking at getting a subie, rotory engines are no bien, don't get me wrong the idea of it is pretty cool 3 moving parts but Mazda has never figured out how to make it reliable and not so expensive to fix. So I'm going back to pistons...ahh reliablity. Anyways I just wanted to introduce myself and bash Mazda a bit.

Bose

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Hooray for coming to the dark side! wrx ftw 04-05 sti obp get one

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Welcome to the club:)
I drove a auto RX-8.......slow.......

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
Welcome to the club:)
I drove a auto RX-8.......slow.......
9 thousand rpm always sounded fun though

Welcome and whatever you buy make sure it is a wagon. ;)

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
No wagon sedan it up!!!!!!!! Automatic trans anything is slow and boring!!!!!!! btw rotary= 0 tq

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn right rotary- 0tq, and autos are ghey. They need help at mazda the engineering is very bad, I want an 04-05 sti like 06hawkman mentioned before me.

·
Premium Member
14,838 Posts
Welcome to the Club!

You'll be happy with a subie! So, GET ONE!

I've had both Auto/manuel. Either Or... (auto's hold boost whole time floored where manuel you lose boost each time your shift..? ) Sometimes, I miss my auto but learning to drive stick now and loving my STi 6sp. :)
I like the wagons, mini suv foresters and the sedans... just as long as its turbo'd !

Enjoy your time with us! We're a great bunch of people and theres TONS Of Great info you'll find here.

·
Banned
327 Posts
No wagon sedan it up!!!!!!!! Automatic trans anything is slow and boring!!!!!!! btw rotary= 0 tq
wagon ftmfw. not only is it alot mroe practical with all the extra trunk room, but it makes for a NASTY sleeper. Dont get me wrong, the sedan is sick, but the wagon... no one expects it to be fast till it flys by them. if you can, see if you cant get a new 07. Some dealers should still have them. Thats what i did, and i am so happy.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
and you dont have to worry about warming the engine before shutting it down, doenst it flood if you do not do this?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yeah alot of people flood their engines cause of this, mine didn't but I have a whole host of other problems with it. Foamy oil, water in taillights, spark plugs and ignition coils only last 30,000 miles (and that's with ALL rx8's cause mazda can't figure out the engine) not only that the plugs cost 130 for all 4 and the coils are 160 for all 4. Everything is way overpriced for this car, and Mazda service is horrid.

So far I already like the Subie community, everyone who has one is like automatically cool with eachother.(almost, there are always exceptions). It's like a brotherhood.

·
5,780 Posts
Yeah alot of people flood their engines cause of this, mine didn't but I have a whole host of other problems with it. Foamy oil, water in taillights, spark plugs and ignition coils only last 30,000 miles (and that's with ALL rx8's cause mazda can't figure out the engine) not only that the plugs cost 130 for all 4 and the coils are 160 for all 4. Everything is way overpriced for this car, and Mazda service is horrid.
Now i get why that engine never made it into the miata..

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the club!

I have read many negatives about the engine - your seems to the worst case I have seen. Not sure why Mazda insists on continually trying to perfect the less than perfect Wankel engine.

Did you find it a good handling and braking car?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
So far I already like the Subie community, everyone who has one is like automatically cool with eachother.(almost, there are always exceptions). It's like a brotherhood.

Thats becasue it is!:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I really like the handling and braking I would beat my bud's stock wrx in the twisties then he got strut braces f/r and a rear sway bar after that he beats me, so those are the thing mazda is sorta known for I just wish they would have put the same inline 4 that the speed3 and speed6 have in the bay rather than the wanker engine. POS that it is.

Besides transition to a Subie is only natural I've done more mods on subies than anything I have two friends who own 06's and have helped do almost every mod they have done.

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
I really like the handling and braking I would beat my bud's stock wrx in the twisties then he got strut braces f/r and a rear sway bar after that he beats me, so those are the thing mazda is sorta known for I just wish they would have put the same inline 4 that the speed3 and speed6 have in the bay rather than the wanker engine. POS that it is.
Wanker engine ... :) You will love the torque of the Subie.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts

Don't say anything bad about bug eyes.. SonicWagon will put you on his list.

·
5,780 Posts
Don't say anything bad about bug eyes.. SonicWagon will put you on his list.
The Dissension seems to have been quelled By the list, and Fear of the Mobile Ban Unit.:cool:

We always Warn Someone before they are put on the list. Of course as a last resort Rays Molest button does the trick.:rotfl:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts