ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In need of some advice. I have a 2007 impreza wrx. I know my rotors have warped and I'm looking to replace them (great time to upgrade right?) I'm not planning to track it just yet but I still like to go on spirited runs through thecanyons and I want to be able to stop. I read some of the threads on slotted vs drilled and decided to stay with the smooth surface. Kinda didn't want to go bigger just better then stock (or is it more ideal to stay with stock and get better pads) Any suggestions

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
well considering you can't upgrade the size of your rotors without going to a BBK, that's obviously out of the question anyway...

DBA makes IMO some of the best rotors out there if you want to spend a little more cash for thm. If you are on a budget, Centric makes great rotors at OEM quality for a good price.

Both of these as well as a few other brands can be found at this good reputable site

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Centric Premium rotors
StopTech pads
ATE SuperBlue fluid

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
In need of some advice. I have a 2007 impreza wrx. I know my rotors have warped and I'm looking to replace them (great time to upgrade right?) I'm not planning to track it just yet but I still like to go on spirited runs through thecanyons and I want to be able to stop. I read some of the threads on slotted vs drilled and decided to stay with the smooth surface. Kinda didn't want to go bigger just better then stock (or is it more ideal to stay with stock and get better pads) Any suggestions
Get better pads. The rotors don't matter much. If you can actually warp a "Wearever" cheap rotor I wold be impressed. It is very likely your current rotors just have uneven deposits, but it is probably time to replace them for other reasons.

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
I agree that your rotors are likely suffering from uneven deposits vs warped, if they are old they may be close to their wear limit anyways

for street driving I'd probably pass on DBA rotors, great rotors but the expense is really only justified in motorsports applications

for street pads look into Porterfield R4-S's- they perform like oe pads (low noise, low dust) but have better bite and can operate at higher temps

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
I actually was serious about the Wearevers - I have them with performance pads on my car with maybe 30k miles and with mid grad pads on my wife's Outback. My only complaint is the hats get that standard rust color - I'd maybe pay a few bucks more if there was something that stayed finished there. Whatever though, it matches the calipers perfectly looking crappy like that.

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
performance pads vary in their construction, so no they may not have more metal (but they could), what they have in common is that they operate at a higher temp than oe pads and have better bite, the flip side is they usually dust more, they are usually noisier, they can consume rotors more quickly and if it's cold (or the pads aren't sufficiently warmed up) they can have very poor bite (read dangerous)

most of your street performance pads try and emulate oe pads, just add a little performance while maintaining most daily driver manners- race performance pads are all about performance with little to no thought about daily driving conditions- most are cautioned on using them on the street

1 - 10 of 10 Posts