Subaru WRX Forum banner

Newbie Parts List.

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  2002_wagon 
#1 ·
Please Bear with me I am newbie I will admit it, also a newbie to online forums in general. So I've had my wrx for about a month now. Bought it stock as a rock with factory option bbs 17's. Time to do a little minor malestation. I've come up with a minor parts list of items and was looking for advise on a good company to buy from that would have what I need.

*Intake silencer delete elbow (removed my stock snorkus already wanted to replace the missing link)

*Catless uppipe (after reading about the lovely things that can go wrong this one sounds like a MUST. However once I install the catless uppipe won't my computer through an O2 sensor code resulting in a check engine light?)

*Boost Guage w/A-pillar mount (now that I am driving a turbod car I am very curious to know what I'm boosting to keep an eye on turbo performance)

*TMIC hose kit ( not sure if this is very nesacary :confused: But mine look a little oiley and old. 90'k miles old?)

*Turbo Back exhaust (Heres the one I can't wait to get however checking prices to what systems I've heard that sound :wiggles: GOOD :wiggles:I'm blown away. WOW. And as for the downpipe I'm confused on the Bellmouth style or Divorced wastegate style or "inferior" flat flange? But any ideas on a cheaper not cheaper in quality and performance but cheaper in price TBE system let me know)

Then the big question with this list of parts am I going to need a Tune? From doin research I understand i'm staying stage 1 :confused: ?

See less See more
#2 ·
OK, first, what year? We would need that to make good suggestions.

And, generally, after adding a Turbo Back exhaust you will need a tune and will be considdered about a Stage2 (though 'stages' are not set in stone terms, generally no mods or intake only and a tune are stage 1, downpipe and a tune is stage 2)

#6 ·
catless up-pipe is a needed mod, though you could remove yours and empty the cat out of you are strapped for cash.

the TMIC hoses are not likely needed, but a good idea at 90K if they are original.

Turbo back exhaust on an 02 does not seem to require a tune, but it would still be a good idea

#7 ·
I Talked to Kronos and they didn't carry the intake silencer elbow, I didn't really check their prices on anything else. I'd like to only have to make one order. As for the catless uppipe I understand its a good idea to stay away from "cheap" ones with flex pipe as they break apart as well. I see that the greddy uppipe is newer to the market does anyone run one? likes? dislikes? If i was to just install the catless uppipe with egt bung would i get a check engine light?

Cygnus performance do have reasonable prices.

#9 ·
Keep in mind that you don't NEED the elbow to remove the intake silencer. Just pull the whole snorkus jobbie out of the fender.

Also if you want to keep costs down, don't be afraid to check out some used parts. Look in the classifieds here and at NASIOC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.