ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello evryone. I will be purchasing soon an 03 WRX. It comes with the stock fog lights on the bumpers, but I actually like more the look of the bumper with fog light covers. The seller of this car I am about to purchase says you can either have just the fog lights or just the fog covers, but not both.

Is this true??

·
Registered
247 Posts
What kind of fog light covers are you talking about? The mesh ones that protect the fog lights from rocks and stuff? Or the ones that completely block the fog light?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of fog light covers are you talking about? The mesh ones that protect the fog lights from rocks and stuff? Or the ones that completely block the fog light?
Well for my specific model I haven't seen mesh ones (my car looks just like the one pictured below). I am looking to have the covers taht completely block the fog light, is it possible in this model?

112_0507_08z+2004_Subaru_Impreza_WRX_STi+Front_View.jpg

·
Registered
247 Posts
They're basically the ones that come stock on the STI but don't say "STI" on them. They're definitely out there.

·
Registered
651 Posts
On a somewhat similar note.. anyone know any transparent fog light covers? I replaced my fogs with Hella 500FFs and I'd like something a little more substantial than the mesh covers to keep snow from packing the lights in (worried about the wiring and such).

·
Registered
247 Posts
the only things I've seen regarding foglights are either complete blocking covers, mesh covers, or that transparent film covering that you put on your fogs to change the color. I've never heard of a cover that's ACTUALLY capable of being transparent...if you find one, let us know.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
On a somewhat similar note.. anyone know any transparent fog light covers? I replaced my fogs with Hella 500FFs and I'd like something a little more substantial than the mesh covers to keep snow from packing the lights in (worried about the wiring and such).
Just turn the lights on...snow will melt :)

the only things I've seen regarding foglights are either complete blocking covers, mesh covers, or that transparent film covering that you put on your fogs to change the color. I've never heard of a cover that's ACTUALLY capable of being transparent...if you find one, let us know.
I do not know of anything for the Blobeye style...sounds like the OP may have an EDM/JDM MY03 WRX which explains that. Bugeyes have the mesh covers as well as I have seen some that are glass/plastic and clear around too.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Im not sure thats what the op is asking. I think what he is asking is if he can keep his fog lights all hooked up and in place and still put the stock covers over them when not in use. So the question to you blobeye guys is, can the oem covers be put in place without removal of the fog lights?

If my understanding is incorrect please correct me

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Just turn the lights on...snow will melt :)

I do not know of anything for the Blobeye style...sounds like the OP may have an EDM/JDM MY03 WRX which explains that. Bugeyes have the mesh covers as well as I have seen some that are glass/plastic and clear around too.
So for a bugeye, they do or do not have transparent fog light covers? looking something that would be just like the solid plastic covers but transparent instead.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Hmm those are the first ones I've ever seen for the 04-05. They don't look particularly good either...kinda like an afterthought, as they are stick ons. Seems you'd be better off fabbing something out of regular fog hole covers for the Blobs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i am also about to buy bugeyed wrx, and seen one i really like that is an 03 model but from what i see it doesnt come with the fog lights and ive searched for the fog lights but they are hella pricey, which is to be expected but does anyone know where i can find some cheap priced ones doesnt have to be oem?

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Where are the foglights? All Bugeye WRXs came with them factory...

Search on Nasioc classifieds, ebay, craigslist, etc.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Oh yeah...assumption fail on my part.

I'd still say search used on Forum classifieds. People remove em all the time when adding FMICs...

Your car is lower than stock.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts