Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a set of summer wheels (decided to use stock wheel for winter?) but I dont really know what I am doing. I dont really have specific preferences. I dont have specific wheels in mind, I dont necessarily care about it looking "flush" or even overall appearance. I know I dont want to even consider spacers based on feedback here.

I was thinking of getting these wheels? I also notice I can get these for under 700 yet I also see people paying over 2k for wheels..... I imagine there is a reason? Not really looking to cheap out but not looking to pay for a name either. Also the offset if 45 and the stock wheel is 55? Is this going to be an issue?

Konig Illusion Blue
Konig Part# - IL8851445F
Size - 18x8
PCD - 5x114.3
Offset (mm) - 45
Center Bore - 73.1
Weight - 21.5

I want to get something quality. I want them to look good on the car and only enhance performance (if anything). Since I am not chasing a specific "look", I was hoping some people here could help me pick something that would be smart for the car. Its my daily driver.

Thoughts? Any guidance? Obviously I have plenty of time since I am just putting my winter tires on now. I appreciate any help or suggestions. I also appreciate telling me when I am picking something stupid.

·
Super Moderator
11,736 Posts
More expensive is usually going be made of better alloys and with better processes leading to a stronger lighter wheel.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Æternum
16,106 Posts
More expensive is usually going be made of better alloys and with better processes leading to a stronger lighter wheel.

To an extent.

Many of the "designer" wheels suffer from the same delusions as "designer" shoes -- people will pay just to have the pleasure of representing the brand.

Volk and Work wheels tend to fall into this category for me. OZ, Enkei, and BBS wheels are a solid middle ground.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,806 Posts
Not a Volk person for that kind of money.

Enkei are great. BBS, OZ, Speedline.

·
Super Moderator
11,736 Posts
To an extent.

Many of the "designer" wheels suffer from the same delusions as "designer" shoes -- people will pay just to have the pleasure of representing the brand.

Volk and Work wheels tend to fall into this category for me. OZ, Enkei, and BBS wheels are a solid middle ground.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
You are completely correct. I was just speaking generally. Ray's TE 37s are going to be far better than rota grids for instance. Although maybe not as much as 3x to 4x better as the price would suggest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts