ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Bobby and I just bought a 08 WRX wagon yesterday (Saturday) that is completely stock. I traded in a 04 Mustang Mach 1 for the WRX. This is my first Subaru but not my first time dealing with a AWD turbo 4 (06 Mazdaspeed6). I have been wanting a WRX or and STI since my best friend bought a 04 WRX in 05 and just fell in love with that car. I have plenty of experience installing aftermarket bolt-on's but not wanting to go overboard with this. I know i want to get a CAI or SRI along with a cat-back exhaust but not sure which one to go with, not to crazy loud but still good performance. And maybe a BOV and tune but thats about it.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Personally If your wanting to go stage 2 at most Id pick up a cobb accessport and cobb intake. Then go with whichever turbo back exhaust your wanting.. There is your power adders. COMPLETELY skip the BOV unless your going to change the td04 turbo out and go with a new top mount intercooler id keep the stock BPV as it makes the car run correctly and holds pressure beyond what even the VF52 turbo charger is capable of.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome Bobby. Whenever I get a WRX, I pretty much want to go with the same things as you as it would be my DD and my road trip vehicle from school to home on the weekends. Let me know how they turn out for you.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
As said, go with the Cobb or SPT intake, get an entire turbo-back exhaust (used on NASIOC for best price), and skip the BOV. Do not install these parts until you have a tuning source in your hands. Personally I am a firm believer in Protunes

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Welcome! :)

I don't know why people recommend the hot air Cobb intake... :confused:

AEM intake definitely. It's dry filter and a cold air intake.

Definitely skip the BOV as others have said.

Find a used DP and used AP and you can go stage 2 pretty cheaply and easily, or just start with the AP or if you have a good tuner in the area, get a protune. Or you can do an AP to start if $ is an issue, and you'll be able to just buy a DP in the future and not have to pay for another tune.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Welcome aboard and Congrats on the WRX. :)
Wagons FTW!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts