Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, everyone!

So, cutting straight to the chase, I still have quite awhile left on my warranty for my 2016 WRX. I'm making plans on what I'd like to do with her, but I'm doing my best to keep her stock-ish until the warranty is gone.

I know cat-back exhausts by themselves do VERY little performance wise and are mostly for the sound.

The first three performance based mods I'd like to purchase are:

1 - Cobb V3 AccessPort
2 - Cobb Big SF Intake
3 - ETS Turboback Exhaust

I was thinking I can scratch the mod itch by picking up the cat-back version of the ETS Exhaust sooner than later, then once I have the access port and the intake, grab the J-pipe and mid-pipe afterwords to complete the exhaust system.

The primary questions I have with this is:

A. Is it even possible to pick up just the J and Mid pipe by themselves without having to buy used?
B. Is it possible to get a 3" cat-back installed with the stock exhaust since I plan on doing 3" turbo back when complete.

Sorry if these are dumb questions. I'm learning about basic card modding fundamentals while also learning about the WRX. Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think I might of saw the mid, j pipe sold by them self on the Cobb website but go check and the 3” catback Did u meant axle back? I know that they fit on the stock mid pipe but I’m not sure bout the cobb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I might of saw the mid, j pipe sold by them self on the Cobb website but go check and the 3” catback Did u meant axle back? I know that they fit on the stock mid pipe but I’m not sure bout the cobb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah, I was gonna do cat-back and just run it for the sounds while I learn the car and the warranty. I know it's dumb but it would just make driving the car a bit more enjoyable for me. I just don't want to invest in a cat-back system if I'm going to need to buy 2" to fit the stock piping just to sell it and have to buy a 3" for the end build. I hope I'm making sense.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts