ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so I've been looking for a while now and I finally found a clean STI that I want. It is pretty much stock with an intake and clean title. 75k miles and supposedly well maintained. The guy is asking 21k, I am trading him my 2006 yamaha R6 raven edition in clean never been down condition with a yoshimura exhaust and a few other lighting mods. I'm trading the bike and giving him 14,900 cash. Does this sound fair? Is it a reasonable deal? Who is getting a better deal? My bike is worth 5500 private party and it retails at around 7k.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
I think your getting the better deal, the sti has higher miles but hell.. drive it!

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
That sounds like a pretty killer deal.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Sounds like a good deal. I sold my 2000 R1 to pay off my wrx, you will be a happy and sad person after this goes through.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so I think i changed my mind about the 2006 and am buying a 2008! The price difference is 5k. Any suggestions? The milage is 65000. Can anyone give me guidance???

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
i'd take the 06 over the 08.

my rule of thumb is a car should average no more than 10-15k mi per year. 65 on a 3 year old car is way too much.

75 on a 5 year old car is right at 15k per year. not bad.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Yeah why pay $5k more for a car with only 10k less miles?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I bought a 2008. The 06 had title issues so I picked up the better looking one IMO.. I think I will keep this thing for a while! 20k with Full invidia exhaust, Tein coils, Hks bov and tt and new Falcon tires. Also has a Cusco front USB and a new clutch. The driving difference was huge between the models and it just felt luck I was getting so much more for with the newer model. Plus the wife hates the blue interior : p I actually enjoy it alot! I'll post pics soon

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
is the car tuned for the turboback exhaust?

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
hopefully its tuned, if not take it to a good subaru awd dyno shop in your area

1 - 13 of 13 Posts