ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 04 wrx
I have installed a Apexi Exhast, and BlowOff Valve.
I was wondering what my next mod should be? I just bought a boost controller and guage, I was wondering what I should have it tuned to so I can get good Hp but still save the engine?
Also I have heard different things about CAI? what should my next mod be?

Also is there somewhere that I can find a matching stock side skirts? I hate the black, it looks so ugly?
Thanks Alot guys,
Matt

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
Not a lot of fans here of the BOVs on the WRX or boost controllers on usdm WRXs later than 2003.

Your exhaust is it TBE?

·
20,139 Posts
exhaust is cat back, whats the turboxs utec? why no bov, it doesnt hurt does it? I bought it with this mod already done
Utec is a form of EM...
Please click and explore the link in my sig for mucho info.

·
20,139 Posts
I'd start with a DP and then get some EM.... then go from there.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'd start with a DP and then get some EM.... then go from there.
yeah, do that, and you will go from there... it can be expensive, heart-breaking, and inevitable.

p.s. check your spark plugs, see if theyre fouled. might as well replace em, too.

·
Registered
905 Posts
all thats being said here is this: OP asked what mods to do, the most popular first ones being DP and EM. you said CAI, and i gave you that link to read, so you would understand that the stock air intake is just fine, will last for several mods. i guess i couldve just said the stock air box is good enough until stage 4, but why believe me?

hey, spend your money on whatever you want to, i dont care.

A

·
0 Posts
all thats being said here is this: OP asked what mods to do, the most popular first ones being DP and EM. you said CAI, and i gave you that link to read, so you would understand that the stock air intake is just fine, will last for several mods. i guess i couldve just said the stock air box is good enough until stage 4, but why believe me?

attitude problem :baaa:

·
Registered
615 Posts
so your telling me that subaru makes an intake and we arent supposed to install them, i have a subaru performance tuning intake, so im not sure what to think
it is fine to use it is not going to hurt your car...but for the price you can put that towards something that is going to actually give you a horsepower gain...

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I say Intake > BOV and you spend less money on the intake if you get a deal like you should (had my cobb for $70)

·
Registered
703 Posts

catching feelings there buddy?

but he is right... the stocker will last you for a good amount of mods and imo with the $700, I would spend some money on something better that will actually help you out in whatever you are tring to achieve... more hp, handling, or whatever floats you boat...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts