ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 subaru wrx premium
190 Posts
Nice! I have read multiple times they are finally doing away with the ej and the new gen are getting a variation of the fa motor. We'll see how things play out

·
12,300 Posts
Man i hope it's a revival of the wrx hatch

·
Æternum
21,323 Posts
WRC huh?

Better ditch that big 'ol FA24 and do it proper. 1.6L or GTFO. If Subaru can't get a reasonable output from a 1.6L, what have they even been doing?

I miss the days when homologation required the road car have even the smallest architectural resemblance to the WRC car. Nowadays we might as well claim that we are driving around in a Formula 1 car...

EDIT: I'm just salty because the one car I've wanted in years (Toyota GR Yaris), Toyota did the USA dirty.

Reactions: ALPHAFERT

·
Æternum
21,323 Posts
Hold on, what's this?

·
12,300 Posts
WRC huh?

Better ditch that big 'ol FA24 and do it proper. 1.6L or GTFO. If Subaru can't get a reasonable output from a 1.6L, what have they even been doing?

I miss the days when homologation required the road car have even the smallest architectural resemblance to the WRC car. Nowadays we might as well claim that we are driving around in a Formula 1 car...

EDIT: I'm just salty because the one car I've wanted in years (Toyota GR Yaris), Toyota did the USA dirty.
Nascar is the one that kills me. How the hell is the Camry even remotely related. Last I checked there are no big displacement rwd versions available.

·
Æternum
21,323 Posts
Yeah I think you are right.

If staying with FWD, I'd take the CTR over that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
If they do revive the WRX hatch, I will immediately sell my 2020 WRX Limited to get one. They never should have discontinued the hatch in the first place...stupid move.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts