Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I'm Will,

I've just picked up a 2003 WRX :) Previous owner was a lady - who bought it as is.
217,000+ km Clock. Unknown mods apart from visible bolt ons.
Healthy engine, good compression, near new hoses throughout..

• FMIC
  • K&N Pod intake with custom metal enclosed box
  • 3 inch Tbe
  • Pedders lowered springs
  • boost solenoid
  • unknown brand BOV
  • stock turbo I think?
  • Wing from a GC8?

sitting on XXR 550 wheels. Interior is neat, no tears or dashboard wear. She is running healthy apart from a P0037 which I'll fix
this coming weekend when i do a major service.

I believe this MY runs the EJ205 motor? Would love to get some advice from veteran owners and reliability suggestions!

Thanks for the opportunity to share my car!

·
Super Moderator
11,433 Posts
The Aussies are piling in. Welcome aboard. The interior photo messed me up for a moment.

I'm only familiar with the USDM version that does have the 205. It's a good engine for what it is. Like any small 4 pot it doesn't have unlimited power potential and the more it makes coupled with driving it harder can have a bitter end quickly

My only recommendation is to familiarize yourself with a local performance shop that specializes or is familiar with the platform. What's available to us may not be available to you.

I'd also source an appropriate recirculating valve as the subaru engine management systems, at least here in the US, don't work properly with VTA blow off valves because they are mass airflow systems.

·
Registered
2010 Subaru WRX Limited Hatchback 5MT
186 Posts
Sexy looking car and well maintained it seems. Welcome, congrats, and enjoy! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Aussies are piling in. Welcome aboard. The interior photo messed me up for a moment.

I'm only familiar with the USDM version that does have the 205. It's a good engine for what it is. Like any small 4 pot it doesn't have unlimited power potential and the more it makes coupled with driving it harder can have a bitter end quickly

My only recommendation is to familiarize yourself with a local performance shop that specializes or is familiar with the platform. What's available to us may not be available to you.

I'd also source an appropriate recirculating valve as the subaru engine management systems, at least here in the US, don't work properly with VTA blow off valves because they are mass airflow systems.
We are? Woo! I bet it did haha!
Yes I plan to build towards reliability and keep it below 400hp just for street use, and cruising on the weekends
I will be getting the car serviced and most likely upgraded by Ichiban Imports in the future here in South-west Sydney.

Oh thanks for that I will look into that valve!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sexy looking car and well maintained it seems. Welcome, congrats, and enjoy! :)
Thanks a5m! Yes I was surprised the first time I saw the ad and in person. The lady had it sitting in the garage while she drove her Kia as a daily

·
Registered
2010 Subaru WRX Limited Hatchback 5MT
186 Posts
Thanks a5m! Yes I was surprised the first time I saw the ad and in person. The lady had it sitting in the garage while she drove her Kia as a daily
Ah a dream find. Such a good feeling I’m sure.

I like the way it’s setup. Are you going to change anything on it? I say best advice is to familiarize yourself with it first and read up as much as you can. Don’t want to do things twice, or wrong ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah a dream find. Such a good feeling I’m sure.

I like the way it’s setup. Are you going to change anything on it? I say best advice is to familiarize yourself with it first and read up as much as you can. Don’t want to do things twice, or wrong ;)
Plans currently is to get a set of OZ Alleggerita, coilovers, new rubber, the lower control arms, bushings, rods, CV joints are a bit old so I might get em done, and some whiteline bits
Also the HID wiring is a mess.. I need to tidy it up.

The car is running a FullRiver HC28 for a battery. It's a tiny thing, never seen it before . may relocate battery to the boot.
I've already had to jumpstart the car because the car died when I had the door open for a couple minutes whilst doing stuff inside the car haha!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts