ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone!

I'm the proud new owner of a 2011 Impreza WRX 5 Door. Finally traded in my 98 Honda Civic after 12 wonderful years for the car of my dreams!! So happy to have finally made the jump - can't wait to make it up to the snow or mud to have some fun.

~Naoko

·
Registered
750 Posts
Welcome! I would suggest not to go chasing snow with the stock summer tire (You'll most likely regret it). Get a good set of winter/all seasons before heading up the mountains.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Welcome! I would suggest not to go chasing snow with the stock summer tire (You'll most likely regret it). Get a good set of winter/all seasons before heading up the mountains.
I know summer tires are not for snow but just how bad are they?

Sent from tapatalk.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I know summer tires are not for snow but just how bad are they?
I tried driving on a snow dusting last season before I got my winter tires. The only description I can give is that you'll have some traction then all of the sudden you have 0 traction. The car ABS system didn't not work properly. Keep in mind that's only a dusting. I can't even imagine what it would be like if you hit a patch of ice :eek::whoa::sadwave:.

I've heard cases of WRX's getting stuck in an inch of snow because of summer tires. Subaru's have one of the best AWD systems and lets just say summer tires render them useless in snow/ice. It's also known that summer tire traction start degrade below 40F.

I'd rather drive a fwd car with all seasons than my AWD WRX with summer tires(in snow).

·
Registered
142 Posts
Welcome and Congrats!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts