ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of looking for decent WRX I stumbled upon a 2007 WRX with 120k miles. I contacted the guy on offer up and decided to meet up with him the very next day. We met up at a town center and I test drove the car. It ran fine so I ended up purchasing the car for 8k the car had a broken latch so I couldn’t open the hood so I took it to a Subaru shop around my area paid about 120 for the labor and parts. When I came back to the shop to pick up the car the owner of the shop told me that the car was not an 07 it was an 02 with an 07 front end. I reached out to the guy that sold me the car I told him about the situation I was pretty mad but then again the car ran great so I decided to keep it. Well today I registered the car at the Dmv and I just found out that the car holds a salvage title I tried reaching the guy one more time but the number has been changed. Also he did not have his info in the pink slip and he had scratched off the salvage title and year of the car so that I couldn’t see the actual year or history of the car. I’m out in 8k and something that was supposed to make me happy turned out to be a nightmare, not to mention that my lil boy was with me while I made the purchase. Any advise on what I should do?

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
Lawyer, or make sure it's mechanically sound and keep it. I'm suspect of the title not clearly stating 02.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car sounds and drives great it had coolant leak but it was from the after market coolant reservoir that I replaced a few days ago. The registration I received from the dmv today says the year model is a 2002 and the history is salvaged I’m pretty bummed out I wasted all my savings on someone that had no problem taking my money knowing that the car was not what it seemed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lawyer, or make sure it's mechanically sound and keep it. I'm suspect of the title not clearly stating 02.
He messed with the pink slip and scratched off the salvage title and the 2 on the 2002 model. I want to get my money back and just save up a lil more for a better car. It took me two years to save up that money.

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
Get a lawyer. You should be able to take the person to court and get your money back and likely legal fees. Tampering with a title is bad news.

Also use this as a lesson. Learn from your mistakes

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get a lawyer. You should be able to take the person to court and get your money back and likely legal fees. Tampering with a title is bad news.

Also use this as a lesson. Learn from your mistakes
I don’t have one clue of who the guy is the offer up was a fake name and he also changed his phone number. I agree 100 percent this is a lesson well learned. Thank you for your advice I’m going to contact the original owner and see if he has any info on the guy, this is not fair and it is against the law to tamper with the pink slip.

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
The DMV knows. Or the car was stolen. I had to provide 2 forms of ID when i got my bike and got rid of my bike. My name was also on the title.

Contact the DMV. They take this very seriously.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts