Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

My name is Travis and I just got home from buying my wife her new car, an 03 WRX. I've been home for 3 hours now, and haven't seen her since I got out of the damn thing! Now, being the gearhead that I am, (I own an 87 Buick Grand National with a Stage 2 V6 turbo that runs low 10's) I want to make this little car run juuuussst a bit better than the average WRX out there. So, where to begin? I know very little about these cars, but I am assuming that the WRX will respond favorably to things like air intake mods, aftermarket exhaust kits and little things like that? I don't need a 500hp commuter car (thats why I have the GN :) ) but want a little more than what its got now. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Travis
[email protected]

·
1,263 Posts
Hey there - welcome aboard!!!

First mod is free - remove the intake silencer(restrictor).
Boost gauge (if you don't have a Subaru one fitted)
Boost controller (MBC)
up-pipe
turbo back exhaust

Then it depends on what your budget is!!!! :D

If you want a pre-packaged approach that is really easy to install - I can recommend the TurboXS route. I did the Stage 1 to 2 to 4.

Have a look around - amongst the members here there is almost every permutation and combination of possible mods.

Cheers,

Andrew

PS: we are friendly bunch and have no worries with the new questions that everyone has, have a peak at the search function too - there is heaps of stuff here.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Aloha and welcome! Any chance of getting some pix of that GN posted in off-topic? I'd love to see/read about it!

As Andrew has so eloquently stated, we're a fun-lovin' buncha nice guys (for the most part :D) and we've all been bit by the personalization/hot rod bug.

Enjoy the car and the club!

·
593 Posts
First mod I recomend is diffrent tires. On the wider 16" rims (17"s make the ride to harse). Then bigger brakes (4-6pot) After that then consider an up pipe and a cat back exhaust. All do the same job and about the same results. Keep the intake. CAI are a waste of money. :) the air heats up as it goes through the turbo. Then upgrade to a Unichip. After all this you might take 2 secs off of his quater mile at a cost of 2k

·
Registered
932 Posts
Welcome! Your question is best answered on a technical forum, where you'll get planty of good answers.

Moving to "Engine Performance"...

·
Premium Member
17,861 Posts
Welcome :)
go weasel-ing thru the different threads as there is a awfull lot of info there :)
also a really nice written website on Subaru Impreza's and WRX's done by Mike Shields www.spdusa.com

enjoy :)
Andy...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts