Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, check out this new WRX dead pedal. It's cnc machined from 6061-T6511 and is a direct replacement for your stock plastic dead pedal.

I wanted to get some opinions on it from other WRX owners - please let me know what you think (any and all opinions are appreciated).

This pedal is made in the USA by Autospeedperformance.:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pic of pedal installed

Here's a pic of the pedal installed in my WRX.:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the comments!

thanks for the comments guys, your questions and observations are very helpful. Here's another pic as well.

to answer your questions;

zperk -> yes they are available - try www.autospeedperformance.com and soon they should be available through your favorite vendor!

sonic & O-wood -> dry grip is good (beter than stock) and because it mounts directly to the floor (it's not a stick on cover plate) it feels solid. Wet grip is fair (about the same as stock).

nexus -> you've seemed to pick up on the subtle difference in the lustre of "freshly cut" aluminum accentuated by my camera's flash (it's so tricky to shoot metalic objects like this). The pedal is the color of aluminum (unanodized) and with a higher lustre than the stock (anodised) pedals. Over time, the lustre of the pedal will lessen and more closely match the stock pedals.

·
Registered
126 Posts
tjsupe said:
It looks nice however I would rather buy one that matches the pedals exactly, But again Nice work.
What if I could try and get some of the OEM pedals like mine.

EDIT: I will need to check the pedal again as I think the USDM (as it is on the left side of car, has a moulded footrest already. Our AUSDM cars I think would have NO moulded footrest under the dead pedal, but the deal pedal is shaped so that it mounts to the floor....I will check and take some pics)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Green Switch ?

Michael,

Pedal looks good, If it would fit our US cars I'm sure you could find some takers.

What sneakiness is the green switch for ?

Clavo.

PS, Still waiting for my dig-cam to take those exhaust pix....:(

·
Registered
126 Posts
Re: Green Switch ?

ClavoWRX said:
Michael,

Pedal looks good, If it would fit our US cars I'm sure you could find some takers.

Clavo.

hehe....green switch was when I tried to hook up the Dawes Device solenoid to switch b/w stock FBC and MBC....worked but must have hooked up wrong...had to go away and had to put car back together so gave up....switch is non functional till I find a replacement clip to return to stock.

Here are some more pics (with stock muffler back on)

www.pbase.com/michaelwrx

Cheers

Michael

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I think that pedal looks nice. Alot better than having the stock one in there. Oh, and by the way, they are $49.95. It seems like this company specializes in Audi, and they are working on new parts for the Subaru.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Re: Green Switch ?

ClavoWRX said:
Michael,

Clavo.

Clavo,

Just took some pics.....It is designed for the RHD version as you can see from the pic.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
another pedal may be in the works!

again, I want to thank those of you commented on the USDM pedal.

tjsupe -> may be working on a oem matching pedal ... stay tuned

AjDaMan -> I think it looks nice too - waaaay better than the stock part (what was Subaru thinking?) Anyway, I find myself looking down at it everyonce in a while when driving (maybee that's not a good thing - lol!!) Autospeedperformance.com makes super trick stuff for Audi and Porsche cars - they are now starting to develop parts for the "new age" WRX - and they should be releasing some new parts in the next several weeks. I'm one of their "development team" members! I'll be keeping the Clubwrx members posted on new developments.;)

Boarder -> thanks, look for some matching engine compartment dress-up parts to be coming out soon!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Steering wheel?

Nice metal bezel on the Momo steering wheel! Wish that was on US models.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Haha

I actually have this footrest and I thought it came stock, because it was there when I bought the car (used). I was thinking "What is so special about this that he is posting this? It looks just like mine!" before I realized that most WRXs do not look like mine.

I love my car, but I wish I could track down its previous owner.

·
Hammerdown Mod of Thunder
24,087 Posts
Wow,seven year bump.:tongue:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts