ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, got my WRX 1 week ago and I took her to 120mph. Not highway, just country road with a ~1/2 mile staight. I litttle scary, as about 2 minutes after cooling it down to 70 a deer pops in front of me. Next Step, peg it at 140!! Yee-Ha!!

·
Premium Member
16,991 Posts
Hell yeah! When are you gonna jump it? The new double wishbone suspension can take a hard landing from 12 feet up much better than the old setup.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive never owned a car that i havnt peged the speedo. if i can do 115 in a 1989 olds cutlass, i'll find a place to do 140 in a subie.

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
Ive never owned a car that i havnt peged the speedo. if i can do 115 in a 1989 olds cutlass, i'll find a place to do 140 in a subie.
Let's just hope it's a track.

You'd need alot to get a stock wrx into the 140 range. Not to mention the stress you are putting on the car.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
What part of NY are you from, man? I'm outside the Albany area, and there's a perfect stretch of country road that you could easily get up to 140 right by my house (very little forestation, so you can see deer coming and you won't have to swerve), and in over 5 years of driving it on a semi-daily basis, I've never seen a cop on the road - I haven't personally ever tried going 140, but I did hit 100 the first day I bought the STi (had to do it once).

·
Hammerdown Mod of Thunder
23,975 Posts
Keep us posted. Don't forget to take a pic of the speedo.

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
Let's just hope it's a track.

You'd need alot to get a stock wrx into the 140 range. Not to mention the stress you are putting on the car.

Enjoy it while it lasts.
+1

·
Registered
436 Posts
do you mean you need a ton to get it to 140 on the track? that would mean its doing under 10 second qtr miles i would think... that would take a lot.

you need a lot of space on a straight highway to get it to 140, the wrx's are slow to gain speed after 110mph if i can remember my old 04'.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got to 120 easy.And I was in 4th from 70mph. I was more worried about deer/cops or blowing my engine. And I live in the Ithaca area. Far away from Albany. How much power would a stage 2 make, and cost?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
do you mean you need a ton to get it to 140 on the track? that would mean its doing under 10 second qtr miles i would think... that would take a lot.

you need a lot of space on a straight highway to get it to 140, the wrx's are slow to gain speed after 110mph if i can remember my old 04'.
I hit 121 on a 1/4 track :cool:

·
Registered
121 Posts
All I gotta say is be careful. Accidents at 100+ usually end up with someone decapitated and dead.

·
Registered
436 Posts
All I gotta say is be careful. Accidents at 100+ usually end up with someone decapitated and dead.
what hes trying to say is, if your already going 100mph you might as well drive until the wheels fall off, or untill you begin to time travel.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I got to 120 easy.And I was in 4th from 70mph. I was more worried about deer/cops or blowing my engine. And I live in the Ithaca area. Far away from Albany. How much power would a stage 2 make, and cost?
Ithaca huh, I got to school In Delhi, I drive through Ithaca every so often, you should join at cnysubarus.com good group of people. I got to Stage 2 for right around $200.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Ithaca huh, I got to school In Delhi, I drive through Ithaca every so often, you should join at cnysubarus.com good group of people. I got to Stage 2 for right around $200.
Wow thats cheap. I guess I should've shopped around before I bought my cobb ap & tbe. I spent like $1500 more than that !

·
Registered
129 Posts
Wow thats cheap. I guess I should've shopped around before I bought my cobb ap & tbe. I spent like $1500 more than that !
Yeah Tactrix cable, XPT Stage2 (don't use anymore), K&N drop in and Helix DP. I then went ahead and bought a AEM short ram for like $40 and I'm using a custom Stage 2 map.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yeah Tactrix cable, XPT Stage2 (don't use anymore), K&N drop in and Helix DP. I then went ahead and bought a AEM short ram for like $40 and I'm using a custom Stage 2 map.
Does the short ram do anything for performance ?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts