ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, good to be back!

I bought a 2011 WRX 5-door back at the end of 2010. Drove the car for 18 months and sold it. Only lost the tax costs, which was awesome. I sold it to get some money back to redo my kitchen in my new house.

Well the time has come for me to return to the new car market. I debated a 135i since my previous car to 2011 WRX was a 335i. So I drove it, loved it, did some math, but started to reminisce about my REX and had to come back. I missed it too much. Yes the BMW is a great performer, but for the money and fun I figured I couldn't go wrong with REX.

So new, well kinda in the sense that yes the car is new but I am simply back! Went with white this time around, I debated between grey and white the first time, and as much I liked the grey, part of me always regretted not getting the white. I think its because the first time I saw the new style (08 and up) the stock photo was of a white 5-door sideways around a bend. LOL

So yea really happy to be back. Plus this time I got some options on it, rather than just base.

Auto-dimming mirror, Bumper cover, center armrest extension, compass, exhaust finisher, home link, STi short throw shifter <- best thing of my life!

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,231 Posts
Either is a good choice. Grey won't show dirt, while will stay cool etc. Nice cars.

·
Æternum
20,598 Posts
Welcome back! :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Either is an awesome choice. i am partial to black when it is clean....but hard to keep that way

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! The white is pretty sweet so far. I like that only at certain angles its pearly. Seriously though, short shift kit! If I knew how different it was I would have made it my frist mod last time around instead of considering it towards the end. Really happy this car had it already. Also got lucky that a dealer close (enough) to me had a white in stock. Supply is mad low these days and couldn't order.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Welcome back :)

No pictures of the redone kitchen?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thanks! The white is pretty sweet so far. I like that only at certain angles its pearly. Seriously though, short shift kit! If I knew how different it was I would have made it my frist mod last time around instead of considering it towards the end. Really happy this car had it already. Also got lucky that a dealer close (enough) to me had a white in stock. Supply is mad low these days and couldn't order.
Did you get the STI Bushings with it? It'll make shifting that much better

·
Registered
119 Posts
Did you get the STI Bushings with it? It'll make shifting that much better
Yeah the short shifter is pretty awesome. Im assuming the 09 I picked up has one installed but the dealer didn't know so I don't know for sure. From what I hear the WRX throw is pretty long stock and I've Driven many different manual cars, some with and some without STS, and mine is one of the tightest I've driven. Any Idea of how I wold know for sure and what kind? I know that there is the SPT and the STI ones. I'm pretty happy with it and don't think I would change it anyway but if I could help it along with better bushings I might.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure about the bushings as this car was built by the dealer and in their inventory. The sticker just says STI 5mt short throw shift something or other.

However, when I was building the WRX on the site and selected the Short throw shifter it automatically selected the STI bushings so I can only assume/hope that is the case with my 2012.

Outside of my assumptions and hopes, it feels pretty epic compared to stock and very smooth/short/snappy. With that being said, is there an easy way to check which bushing I have?

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Welcome back!

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Not sure about the bushings as this car was built by the dealer and in their inventory. The sticker just says STI 5mt short throw shift something or other.

However, when I was building the WRX on the site and selected the Short throw shifter it automatically selected the STI bushings so I can only assume/hope that is the case with my 2012.

Outside of my assumptions and hopes, it feels pretty epic compared to stock and very smooth/short/snappy. With that being said, is there an easy way to check which bushing I have?
Welcome back. It's good to see that you picked a faster color this time. The newfound speed of SWP will take some getting used to.

As for the bushings, the easiest way to tell which ones you have is to crawl under the car and check. If your bushing is one piece and soft as hell, its OEM.

Check your rear stay one as well. It should look like this -
Not this -

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea dude, SWP is crazy over boosted or something ;)

Thanks for the pics and the explanation. I will attempt to look this weekend, although I am a complete mechanical noob and fairly certain it is installed already due to my previous comment.

Thanks again!

Welcome back. It's good to see that you picked a faster color this time. The newfound speed of SWP will take some getting used to.

As for the bushings, the easiest way to tell which ones you have is to crawl under the car and check. If your bushing is one piece and soft as hell, its OEM.

Check your rear stay one as well. It should look like this -
Not this -

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome home :)

This is why I lurked on here far after I sold my 2011.

Love you guys and gals!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts