ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,818 Posts
They're all in the 13's so its a drivers race...hey tonight my buddies 6 cylinder bolt ons Mustang took out another friends basically stock GT twice, and the GT has faster timeslips by about .6 seconds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,369 Posts
SERacing said:
They're all in the 13's so its a drivers race...hey tonight my buddies 6 cylinder bolt ons Mustang took out another friends basically stock GT twice, and the GT has faster timeslips by about .6 seconds.
v6 mustangs :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I was thinking it was the driver but don't you think they would make all the cars live up to their potential?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
i cant download the video. What year is the S4? Because a new S4 is much fatser then both evo and sti. At least from a roll. 0-60 might be better in both sti and evo though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
481 Posts
That vid is with the drivers from Top Gear, so they are all top notch. The STi is the EDM spec, so it still has the 2.0L motor with much less horsepower then the USDM one. That's why it gets trumped so bad.

-Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow I just looked it up and apparently the UK STI has 256hp.. that's kinda dumb lol. Oh well, I guess that's why.

But still that EVO had to have been an FQ320 or something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
511 Posts
well it depends on what year the sti is because the new UK spec sti's are 301hp and 299tq on the regular 2.0L instead of the 2.5L that the US uses now sounds like if it's less than that then it is probably an earlier version.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
TheReaper said:
the 2.5L that the US uses now sounds like if it's less than that then it is probably an earlier version.
Tell that to my friend with his 04 STi with a TBE that I put 4 cars on from a roll 20-110mph with my stock 05 STi. But yea I have heard that too..

Fess
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,056 Posts
1fastsubie said:
Tell that to my friend with his 04 STi with a TBE that I put 4 cars on from a roll 20-110mph with my stock 05 STi. But yea I have heard that too..

Fess

We all know the driver makes the car. I know a guy with an
05 STi with turbo back exhaust that can't break mid 13s @ 101 mph. I was running consistant 13.0 @ 104 mph in my 04 STi with the same mods. This is also at the same track down here in South Florida.

I also watch a guy run 9s all night in the 1/8 mile in his new STi. It made me so sad/mad to see an STi running dead even with a stock Mustang GT. Now thats bad driving.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top