Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Just bought my first Subaru and so far I am thoroughly impressed. I do have a few questions for you experienced folk....

Road noise...is that normal and how to deaden it?

Air Intake? Worth it or no? Which one and why? Ease of installation?

I want a ski rack for the roof. Thule. Why the hell are they 200.00? Where can I get the best price on a ski rack?

And I am being told 200 for Window Tint. Is that a good price or no?

Thanks guys!

Ken

· In Æternum
23,698 Posts
No intake...

Please read the stickies

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

· Registered
768 Posts
They are a fairly noisy compared to other cars, in part because they're so light. Interestingly I find the ride and the noise on the highway not too bad compared to other cars I've owned and better than the 2012 WRX, it's the bumpy roads in town that are killer.

Re' ski rack you will need a roof rack first. That's about $300, PLUS the ski rack attachment. So you're looking at >$500, though I imagine you can buy used ski racks on CL or Ebay for much less. Doubt you can get the roof rack for less than $296 though...

I wish that Subaru had either kept the previous version roof rack attachment (cost about $150 on Amazon) or provided rails for an aftermarket setup.

That price for tinting sounds about right--here is a local shop that installed my stereo:

Car Window Tinting | Solar Gard | Stereo West Autotoys

· Registered
154 Posts
$200 is a good price on tints if its a good quality tint (3M or equvalent) for the entire car except the windshield. Make sure whoever installs it provides a warranty (I'd go for a reputable place that will give you a lifetime warranty) and keep in mind local laws and law enforcement. I'm in PA with 20% all around and 5% windshield banner and never have problems with cops and PA laws are basically any tint is illegal. But everywhere and every state is different.

+1 on the rack comments
+1 on no intake. You dont need it. If you want to be safe drive the car 10k miles before you mod it. Even then you don't need an intake until like Stage 2

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found a place that will do it for 220. Lifetime warranty

$200 is a good price on tints if its a good quality tint (3M or equvalent) for the entire car except the windshield. Make sure whoever installs it provides a warranty (I'd go for a reputable place that will give you a lifetime warranty) and keep in mind local laws and law enforcement. I'm in PA with 20% all around and 5% windshield banner and never have problems with cops and PA laws are basically any tint is illegal. But everywhere and every state is different.

+1 on the rack comments
+1 on no intake. You dont need it. If you want to be safe drive the car 10k miles before you mod it. Even then you don't need an intake until like Stage 2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.