ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blitz Nur Spec Axle Back... This is going to tide me over until I get my full Blitz Catback, Helix Downpipe and Uppipe. My friend originally purchased this used for his Impreza 2.5rs but the bolts were stripped on his flange and the rust was really bad. So I told him I would buy it from him. The sound from just being an axleback is phenominal!!!!! I cant imagine what this thing is going to sound like with no cats and full 3in piping. The axleback is 3in BUT has a reducer to meet the stock flange... but hey it works and it sounds to good to be true!

For being used and in this good of shape, I couldnt resist! Also it used to be on a WRX Wagon.... :D

·
Premium Member
16,991 Posts
Looks pretty sweet!

You might want to blur your license plate out of the pics, though. :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have blurred them but... meeh!!!

·
Premium Member
16,991 Posts
Redline927 said:
why? i never understood that
Two reasons.

1.) If you type up a huge mod list and someone reading the forum wants something from your car in your area, the best way to make sure they aren't wasting their time breaking into the wrong car is to ID it by the plate.

2.) Dealership/warranty issues. For example, if you say you were playing in the snow (which is OK, IMO) and something broke that should be under warranty and you bring it in, someone at the dealership could have seen your car in posts before and deny the claim for "abuse". This also goes for modification issues.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok I blurred them... :)

Now back to the conversation... I really like this Axleback :D

Also... does an axleback provide any power? Im thinking not due to that reducer that makes it mate to the stock midpipe... im thinking this mod is clearly for sound and looks. Am I correct or does it add a few ponies?

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
axel back and even catback for that matter make little to no power...its the removing of cats in the up and down pipe that yield larger power gains :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I swear if I didnt know any better I'd think the car feels slower.... :confused1

·
Registered
269 Posts
How come it seems that the tip of the exhaust sticks out just perfectly? Is it because its the axle back and not the cat back? I had the impression that all Nur Spec cat backs tip didn't stick out enough and left black marks.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
$125.00 :D

And yeah it sticks out perfectly, I thought that it would angle out but it comes straight out and angles up to match the rear bumpers body lines... it's really a nice peice.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Id like to hear the full catback in person... the axleback seems loud enough

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Blitz doesnt make a downpipe do they? If not they should...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts