ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first Subaru. 08 WRX. Completely stock except for SPT catback. Lookin for 350ish whp. any suggestions where to start?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,233 Posts
See the link in my signature.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Welcome! How did you come to that number, exactly? 350 whp equates to around 440 brake horsepower on our cars, roughly double what you've got now. See where this going?

You will need a much larger turbo than the TD04 you've got, plus all supporting modifications such as fuel pump, injectors, larger intercooler, downpipe, and maybe an E85 setup. If you want that engine to last, I would look at a full rebuild with stronger internals. Now that you have a 400 horsepower car, you're still using the stock suspension and even worse, the stock brakes. The stock brakes are barely adequate for stock power levels, so you'll definitely want to upgrade those (that should be a non-negociable line item in your budget, seriously).

Have you driven a 400 horsepower WRX? If your car is stock now, you'll be quite pleasantly surprised with a Stage II setup. Read the engine forums stickies to learn more about good starting modifications.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I came to the 350whp conclusion after driving my buddies 02' with just shy of 375whp. I am no stranger to heavily modified cars, this is just my first Subaru :)

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts