ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just picked up at 2004 wrx with 60k miles. thus far i love it, its bone stock and runs great. ima make this my daily driver so light mods will be done. where to start and what are the best things to do for longevity, reliability, and of course fun. lol oh one question, can i drift this car, and if so what do i gotta do to drift it (mod wise, suspension setup). oh yea name is alex and i live in virginia beach/norfolk.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,224 Posts
Welcome. The car is designed correctly, to maintain traction. It's simpler to find a poorly designed chassis for what you want than to make this one worse, and it may be cheaper in the long run.

For modifications that generally will not deteriorate handling see the link in my signature.

·
Registered
719 Posts
so i just picked up at 2004 wrx with 60k miles. thus far i love it, its bone stock and runs great. ima make this my daily driver so light mods will be done. where to start and what are the best things to do for longevity, reliability, and of course fun. lol oh one question, can i drift this car, and if so what do i gotta do to drift it (mod wise, suspension setup). oh yea name is alex and i live in virginia beach/norfolk.
Hi. Welcome.

Yes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwXIVo9P6rg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Yes it's possible... And it's going to cost you a lot to do it right.

240sx is a better (and cheaper) platform to start from.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im building an ae86. I just thought it'd be fun to have a awd car that I can slide every other blue moon is all.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,224 Posts
The Toyota is perfect for what you want. The Impreza is not. Since you will have both, you'll be fine. If you need to chose the better car, get the Impreza -- but be aware it's designed to maintain traction.

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
240sx is a better (and cheaper) platform to start from.
Dead-on truth. Building a WRX into a drift car is a waste. The system is designed FOR traction. Find a light RWD car, like a 240, and go from there. You would be better of building your Subie to enhance its traction - and that can be done effectively and affordably.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts