ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joining the WRX world. Got my 13 year old a 2004 WRX that had an engine bay fire from leaking steering fluid. He's got three years to restore it before he's old enough to drive it. I'm and RX-7 guy myself so I'm gonna lean on you folks a lot. Especially with photos of stuff, and places to get parts. Does anyone have a clean set of pictures of the stock engine compartment so I can at least figure out what goes where, or what it's supposed to look like. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
10,967 Posts
Google images has tons of images of them. Was there something particular you are looking for?

I also can't stress how terrible of an idea it is to unleash a child in a wrx. Before you get waste deep in this project I would reevaluate that plan. There are many good looking reliable vehicles that are not basket cases, safe, and don't tend to be driven like race cars. Accords, Camrys, Mazda 3 and 6, and many others.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, It's gonna be his in name only:) He just doesn't know it yet. When he leaves home and has his own insurance, he can drive it merrily away. When he drives it before then, it will only be with a parent in the car. His drive alone car will be a very sedate 2016 Mazda 6 :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts