ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I got my 08 WRX about 6 months ago and its awesome. I already have a 3" TB exhaust and Injen cold air intake with a cobb AP stage 2 tune. Next upgrades im looking at are turbo and forged pistons to handle the boost. I know im going to need a walbro 255 fuel pump, bigger injectors, im thinking 750cc and an FMIC to handle the boost but I need help/ advice on how to approach this all. My goal is 400 whp when im done.

thanks

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
You have a goal so that's a good start. It's a lofty goal, but a goal none the less. With that goal in mind I would suggest the first thing you should look into who is going to tune the car, they'll give you a path to take (turbo choice, injector size, EBCS, etc...). At 400 WHP, you need to look into upgrading brakes and suspension, I would even consider doing that first as '08s tend to be the "softest" WRX's produced. That's where I would start if I were in your position.

On a side note...COBB OTS maps don't support Injen intakes so your first step may be to replace that with a stock airbox. That's assuming you're using COBB maps, of course

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I spoke to a representative at cobb and did a couple data logs and they said that everything looked fine with the Injen intake, but I kinda want to do the Brembo brake upgrade and Megan coil overs, any input or suggestions on that?

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
I wouldn't do megans. RCE (Race Comp Engineering) has good choices for coilovers. Look at them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, I'll check into those, any suggestions on a turbo upgrade?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is a BPV?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have an HKS SSQV4 bov would I need to replace it?

·
Registered
966 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts